Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The First Baseball Card - Shoebox Treasures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO

Which one do you think is the first baseball card?

What's your Favorite card of all-time and the favorite card you own?

Also, what's the oldest card you own? Understood if you don't want to share this info.

Enjoyed the video shout out to board member @tim carroll!

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
That was a great topic. Thanks for posting it. My oldest card is from the Old Judge tobacco set from 1887 N172. There are 5 cards of Eddie Hogan with 5 different poses. I have 4 of them.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I couldn't say one way or the other what the actual oldest card is, it's all in the eye of the beholder. I have several T206 cards, those are my oldest. As a team collector of a team that didn't officially begin until 1901, I'll probably never feel the need to pay up for a 19th century card. I would love to get the 1906 Fan Craze cards of Connie Mack, Rube Waddell, Eddie Plank, and Chief Bender...that's about as far back as I would see my collection reasonably stretching.

My best T206's:

t206collins.jpg t206benderportraitf.jpg t206bendernotrees.jpg

t206benderpitchingf.jpg t206bakerf.jpg

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Oldest/favorite

I agree with everything Brian said regarding the earliest baseball cards. I don’t care about distribution method or any other semantics, but I do think to constitute a “baseball card” it should feature individual players (opposed to team photos). The Lansingburgh set fits that criteria
3c76ba57e8bdb57fd60a7cc2174c8819.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest posts