Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps recycling the same pictures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OakAth

Nov 30, 2009
Never noticed this before, is this normal and I have just been oblivious or maybe Trout is injured on picture day every year lol......2021-2023 Topps Finest Purple Pink Refractors /3. It appears they changed the coloring on his belt and wrist band and a whole new elbow pad in 2022.

Trout.jpgTrout3.jpgTrout2.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
They are all very slightly different photos if you look at the ear/arm area, bat/helmet area, and belt loops on the left. His mouth is also slightly more open on the 2023, and the bill of the batting helmet is riding a little higher than the other two photos.

They could have mixed it up at least a little bit, though, especially when it's the same set for 3 consecutive years and the pictures are SO similar.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Trout has a very consistent stance, what can you do?

I agree they recycle pictures way too much. Even back in the 70s-80s, are there really only 3 pictures to choose from for guys who played for 20 years? And today with digital where taking 500 pictures at a game is completely feasible, there's no excuse.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
The 60s were an especially bad time for this, but I am pretty sure poor Bubba Smith set the standard for recycled images. What is worse, his ROOKIE and LAST card use the same image and they were different teams! In fact, that shot was used for cards with 3 different teams!

s-l1600-1.jpg92641.jpgs-l1600.jpg5730715f.jpgbubba-smith-1975-oakland-raiders-topps-football-card-33.jpgs-l1600-2.jpg

These are his only other regular cards where he got a reprieve.
s-l1600-4.jpgs-l1600-3.jpg

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Wow! I'm speechless. That is so incredibly lazy.

The 60s were an especially bad time for this, but I am pretty sure poor Bubba Smith set the standard for recycled images. What is worse, his ROOKIE and LAST card use the same image and they were different teams! In fact, that shot was used for cards with 3 different teams!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts