Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What the hell was that? They've gone to plaid!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
OK, I remember mentioning the Jordan Scoring Kings card exploding. But now I've checked the recent stuff. And wow! Luka Doncic rookie cards from low end products like Hoops and Donruss are selling for over $100. A sticker for $200. Blasters of 2019-20 product that I bought for $20 at Walmart last year are being resold for over $100 on ebay. I was going to buy some Chronicles blasters until I saw what they're selling for. Yeah, no thanks. And a prizm rookie card of Giannis that I originally pulled from a 3 dollar pack is selling for over a grand. (Actually I pulled two and ended up giving the dupe away shortly after. Whoops.) Maybe I just should unload all my Panini stuff and focus on early 90s inserts and baseball cards instead. That Jordan doesn't look so expensive now.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
OK, I remember mentioning the Jordan Scoring Kings card exploding. But now I've checked the recent stuff. And wow! Luka Doncic rookie cards from low end products like Hoops and Donruss are selling for over $100. A sticker for $200. Blasters of 2019-20 product that I bought for $20 at Walmart last year are being resold for over $100 on ebay. I was going to buy some Chronicles blasters until I saw what they're selling for. Yeah, no thanks. And a prizm rookie card of Giannis that I originally pulled from a 3 dollar pack is selling for over a grand. (Actually I pulled two and ended up giving the dupe away shortly after. Whoops.) Maybe I just should unload all my Panini stuff and focus on early 90s inserts and baseball cards instead. That Jordan doesn't look so expensive now.

yeah , the giannis now books at 2000...but it's definitely not just the new stuff...how about these :

1996-97 topps kobe bryant 600
1997-98 topps kobe bryant 150
1997-98 metal universe michael jordan 400
1997-98 metal universe kobe bryant 100
2003-04 topps (and fleer and upper declk) lebron james 1000
2004-05 topps lebron james 150
2008-09 topps lebron james 100
2008-09 topps chrome lebron james 300
2008-09 topps kobe bryant 200
2008-09 topps chrome kobe bryant 300

and just checkout virtually ANY rookie of even semi-star status from prizm or optic ...it is (and has been for months) beyond insane and somehow it's still going strong....

edit to add - if you could get them at retail , you may ought to grab those blasters...i only opened one and i would not be the type to take them all only to move them unopened , but i pulled one zion parallel , one base lebron , and 2 base doncic...just those 4 cards recouped waaaay more than the box cost so now i have 36 cards to keep plus money to either buy another box or pay a bill ....

Last edited:

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
LCS several weeks ago sold $10,000 unopened basketball ---next week buyer told them --sold $15,000 . I watched buyer OPEN $5000 worth recently

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
LCS several weeks ago sold $10,000 unopened basketball ---next week buyer told them --sold $15,000 . I watched buyer OPEN $5000 worth recently
wont even use anywhere near the highest recent product as my example , but when 2018-19 prizm hanger-pack boxes (12 packs , each containing 3 4-card packs plus one 3-pack of red , white , and blue prizms) that many incorrectly refer to as cellos are going for 2000-2500 per box , it doesn't take much to add up to those figures...

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
I just checked Walmart for the first time since the COVID crisis hit. And sure enough, all the boxes were empty except for some Score football. Chronicles wiped out. Even the panini basketball stickers. I didn't know anyone collected stickers expect me.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
wont even use anywhere near the highest recent product as my example , but when 2018-19 prizm hanger-pack boxes (12 packs , each containing 3 4-card packs plus one 3-pack of red , white , and blue prizms) that many incorrectly refer to as cellos are going for 2000-2500 per box , it doesn't take much to add up to those figures...
You still want SC gamecock cards ? any sport just SC uniform ?

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
I just checked Walmart for the first time since the COVID crisis hit. And sure enough, all the boxes were empty except for some Score football. Chronicles wiped out. Even the panini basketball stickers. I didn't know anyone collected stickers expect me.

They have been empty for months.

How many 9f you think this a major bubble and it soon come crashing down? I think prices will stabilize but not crash.

Members online

Latest posts