Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Was pi$$ed with NPB's and took it out on ebay newb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
FRAT (means eff reading all that)

Last week a newb caught me at the wrong time and I guess I more or less tricked him into not responding to my unpaid item claim!

Basically I used to save some pics of fighters on USB keys, take them to Walmart, crop them down a bit and use the pics to get IP autos of the fighters for my PC.
Well about a year ago a fighter cancelled an appearance 2 days prior to the showing and I had 2 pics (I would print them to fit within a reg. topload) that I didnt see me using ever again.

So I threw them on ebay for a small price ($4.99 with no s/h) and even mentioned they are perfect for getting autos.

Some guy with 34 feedback bids on them 19 minutes before the item ends. Item ends, I send an invoice.

No less then 30 minutes later I get this:

I have been charged with a item I never bid on .i never bid on Vitoria Belfort pic 2 lot so if you would take me off the payment that would be great if not I will report as a scam

I basically tell him it is impossible to send him an invoice if he doesnt bid and win, I see he has purchased MMA cards in the past, and I would much prefer if he was honest and say he made a mistake.

After a couple msgs that included him telling me no one bid on the item as there is no one else there but him and me explaining he may want to double check that fact, he says this has never happened before and he asks me what I want to do.

I explain I am out the FVF and the listing fees, and as this has never happened to me either (unfortunately thats not the case) the only thing I can think of is for me to file a NPB complaint and he just doesnt respond.

He tells me hes ok with that as long as nothing bad happens.

I tell him:

Like I said, I wouldnt be able to leave negative feedback and you wouldnt be forced to pay and I would recoup my fees from ebay.

Sounds like a win win.

I obviously left out the part where he gets dinged with a strike but I figure for all the times I have been screwed including 2 other items that ended the week before and one other that same night, its about time a buyer has to take responsibility for his account.

TBH I am not overly happy with my actions but I am satisfied that a new ebayer hopefully understands that for the most part his account is his responsibility and no one else's.

Anyways it felt good to type that out.

Members online