Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1969 Topps Baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vandybill

Sep 28, 2008
Reached a new milestone today in my quest for a PSA 8 or better complete set of 1969 Topps. 97% done!

I need a total of 20 cards to finish (although some of these are going to take a while - Mickey Mantle, Reggie Jackson, Nolan Ryan, Tom Seaver and Steve Hamilton are all rather costly).

vandybill

Sep 28, 2008
Just base for now.

Down to 7.

Mickey Mantle, Reggie Jackson, Nolan Ryan, Tom Seaver, Willie McCovey, Ted Abernathy, John Boccabella

Got lucky and won a Steve Hamilton for $85 less than the one that sold before it. Go figure!

vandybill

Sep 28, 2008
Down to 2 - Mickey Mantle and Reggie Jackson

Now my challenge is less about finding the cards and more about finding $1,200 - $1,500.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
curious, whats the story on Hamilton, its a $2 card in my book (raw) ??? I'll have to see if I have that one.... I have a few hundred nice late 60s cards that havent seen the light of day in 25+ years....

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
fkw said:
curious, whats the story on Hamilton, its a $2 card in my book (raw) ??? I'll have to see if I have that one.... I have a few hundred nice late 60s cards that havent seen the light of day in 25+ years....

Frank, see how your Nettles RCs look. There's a PSA 9 "No Loop" ending to night that is going to top $1,000

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
wow Im going to have to get some of those slabbed.
the bulk is in storage at my moms place. Im so far behind on the Topps cards Im still thinking sharp cards fropm 1968-69 are $1.50 ea. and cards like the Nettles is $20 at most (at one time I had about 10 of them some w/loop some w/o). I have a binder full of them and my prices (80's prices) on the stickers are 50 cents each, most HOFers are $4-$6, etc. Im sure many are PSA8+ but there are o/c ones too like usual. also have a nice centered 68 Mantle and if someone would have offered me $150 for it couple years ago, when I didnt know better I would have sold it. also got quite a few signed 1968's, mostly common players I wrote to in the early 80s, but some stars... the other thing that is different now is the Leader cards, Team cards, WS cards, and checklists, they used to be considered commons or maybe slightly more...

vandybill

Sep 28, 2008
And yesterday I purchased the last missing card. Some dude named Reggie Jackson.

Now that this project is done after 5 years, I feel the overwhelming need to bust it up and sell it all.

Time for the next challenge!

Members online