Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

To some of the folks opening ridiculous Blaster boxes...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I just opened one 2012 Topps blaster from Target (stopping in to get some shampoo) and pulled a '52 topps Mantle and a Harper gold ref...so...not sure what you're talking about...(all fs/ft)

A_Pharis

Some people buy retail almost exclusively (like me). Believe it or not.. you can get good hits out of blasters. Some of these guys probably buy a blaster a day - and only post the good ones. Just because you have crappy luckw ith blaster doesn't mean everyone does.

If this is about the "value boxes", I actually pulled numerous good cards out of a limited number of these (including the canary Castro last year).

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
A_Pharis said:
Some people buy retail almost exclusively (like me). Believe it or not.. you can get good hits out of blasters. Some of these guys probably buy a blaster a day - and only post the good ones. Just because you have crappy luckw ith blaster doesn't mean everyone does.

If this is about the "value boxes", I actually pulled numerous good cards out of a limited number of these (including the canary Castro last year).

Same here. I don't have access to readily available hobby boxes nor do I have the money... a $15 box is a LOT different than a $100 box. I have hit very nice cards out of blasters.

I also don't open boxes for the return either. It floats some people's boat, but this is my hobby, not my job.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Not any decent shops around here, so sometimes thats the only option. Pulled a harper refractor auto out of a blaster this year, but thats really been my only good one. Thats out of a dozen or so blasters. Peoplr also don't feel compelled to post their crap breaks, I kno I don't

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Topps over the last couple of years have been seeding hits more regularily. Last yr by far was my best yr of retail busting. Highlites being an Julio Teheran blue refractor auto an a Nolan Ryan Patch.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I pulled a Bowman Platinum Red refractor auto I think /10 from 2010 Platinum.

yep....

5e7095ef.jpg

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
To start, I want everyone to know the OP has some serious health issues to deal with so that is probably affecting his mood tonite so please don't beat him up here.

Now my Opinion:

Blasters seem to run good or bad depending on the Product.

For instance, '11 Topps Chrome Football blasters were LOADED! Allen and Ginter has been historically BRUTAL!

And yeah, like others said, I get crushed most of the time in Retail (mostly Rack packs for me) and don't bother posting it, so that makes the ones that are Great seem more prevelant...

RaysFan47

Feb 5, 2012
I usually dont but blasters, but I bought alot of the 2011 BDPP Blasters and did really well. Got a few Autos, including Chrome Autos of Robert Stephenson and Dylan Bundy(/500). There was also a jersey card in about every one of them.

To each their own though!

Members online

Latest posts