Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

www.bargainbaseballcards.com (legit?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reljac

Apr 12, 2010
Pearland, Tx
I'm not familiar with it, but it does seem odd:
265,126 cards for sale Site updated daily.

started in 2001, but says that "we've been online for seven years"

but the last twitter feed was from 151 days ago. The blog hasn't been updated since 2009

The newest boxes for sale are from 3 years ago. The newest sets are from 4 years ago.

Also the 2011 listings were just added to 2010, rather than set up as a new year.

The site would leave me to believe that this Chris Mann who set it up, thought it would be a good avenue to pursue as a business but lost interest in it.... It appears to mostly have gone dead in 2009. I would certainly use the contact link on the web page and not order unless the response is prompt.

mnowosielski

Aug 7, 2008
Well I guess I will take the risk. Protection through Paypal, just picked up a Nolan Arenado 2010 Bowman Chrome Auto for $8

nerdherd020

Feb 9, 2011
California
I emailed the owner of the site (Chris) and he promptly responded, so at least it doesn't seem like communication will be a problem. I'm just worried about giving out my shipping address since the site is not http secure. I'm wondering if I should just email him what I'm interested in buying and then having him email me his PayPal address instead of purchasing the cards via his site.

nerdherd020

Feb 9, 2011
California
Has anyone else purchased cards from this site?

I'm still waiting for my order and a response to my email. I've spoken to one other person who still hasn't received his order even though it was placed two weeks ago. Anyone else having problems?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I purchased one of the Albert Belle cards on there I needed for a few bucks. I'll let you know if it shows up, etc.

nerdherd020

Feb 9, 2011
California
mansgame said:
I purchased one of the Albert Belle cards on there I needed for a few bucks. I'll let you know if it shows up, etc.

Thanks. I placed my order on the 13th and haven't received anything yet. I've sent him three emails and no response. I'm protected by PayPal so if it doesn't show up within the next two weeks then I'm going to request a refund.

Keep us updated. Thanks!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
nerdherd020 said:
mansgame said:

Thanks. I placed my order on the 13th and haven't received anything yet. I've sent him three emails and no response. I'm protected by PayPal so if it doesn't show up within the next two weeks then I'm going to request a refund.

Keep us updated. Thanks!
Yea sites like this are hit or miss right. Like I made a purchase on just commons on a hope and a prayer and the cards came like next day! It was a card for like .18 cents and $1 shipping and I got it like next day. So I guess you never know.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
nerdherd020 said:
Have any of you guys received your order or contacted the site owner and gotten a response?
I got an email from the owner shortly after my purchase thanking me but it could of been an auto email. I have not got my card yet. Maybe $3 mistake

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Just an update, I haven't recieved my $3 card yet and today is day 7. I am still holding out for the card to show up today or this week but jsut as a side now, we exchanged emails via GMail and he actually has a Google+ account and I can see his picture, etc. He has activity with his GMail and everything, so at least it tells me it isn't a fake email address or something.

nerdherd020

Feb 9, 2011
California
I just checked the status of my order and it says my cards were shipped today, so they should be here this week. I'll keep you updated.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Got my card today. Great shape and as ordered. It was actually a Belle I've never seen, so could be happier :mrgreen:

Members online

Latest posts