Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Harper's Chrome Autographs Spiking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Too late for the FCB Hot Sheet, but Harper's Chrome Autos are suddenly taking off - especially his base.

2/3 - $202
2/3 - $237.50
2/5 - $222.50
2/7 - $211
2/8 - $240
2/8 - $211
2/9 - $180 (BIN)
2/9 - $212.50
2/9 - $275
2/9 - $224
2/10 - $1100 (BGS 10/10)
2/10 - $1200 (BGS 10/10)
2/10 - $254
2/11 - $250

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Or because he is going to be a stud and many thought his cards would gradually go down in price and now realize not many are listed and need to add it to their PC. A friend of mine had an auction, non paying bidder sold at like 220, then sold when relisted for $270 or so. It is a crazy hobby, but that is why we all love the uncertainty.

glewis22

Jan 8, 2010
bigpops65 said:
Are you leaving money on the table by selling now if he does stick with the team to start the season?

Now is defintely not the time to be selling ANY Harper card.

The time to sell will be ST once he makes the team and the prices soar, or his callup later in the year when prices soar.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
glewis22 said:
bigpops65 said:
Are you leaving money on the table by selling now if he does stick with the team to start the season?

Now is defintely not the time to be selling ANY Harper card.

The time to sell will be ST once he makes the team and the prices soar, or his callup later in the year when prices soar.

Yeah I think that's the obviously the right move. He will win a starting outfield spot. If you're a gambler you could even wait for him to start the first few games and see if he can do something crazy like what Strasburg did, I mean look at the basketball hype for Jeremy Lin even before today's game against Kobe. Over a couple games collectors go nuts, and I was one of those people that thought that the Harper's would gradually decline, I think there's too much hype on him for them to gradually decrease.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Still only half of what they were at release, so those prices still look dismal for those that bought that high or pulled recently and couldn't can in. It will take him making the team to get back there, I think. But for those who bought cheaply, this is definitely going to be a nice money maker.

koal

Aug 7, 2008
Bill Menard said:
Still only half of what they were at release, so those prices still look dismal for those that bought that high or pulled recently and couldn't can in. It will take him making the team to get back there, I think. But for those who bought cheaply, this is definitely going to be a nice money maker.

they were never cheap

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I agree that if he does break camp with the team there will be a nice spike (as others are saying)...but I think he will struggle for a while as he will be over his head and, if the sales slump as a result, there may be a nice buying oppty.

For his development he probably should spend most of next year in the minors...maybe a late season call up. Don't forget how young he still is.

Todd44

Nov 25, 2008
I would put the likelihood of him making the team out of spring training at about 5 % - and that's being generous. Signing Rick Ankiel and Mike Cameron this winter is a sign that the Nats are comfortable with a veteran CF, allowing Jayson Werth to stay in RF. This would allow them to let Harper start the year at AAA and buy an extra year of 400K salary (one less year of arbitration). He would have to hit about .500 in the spring to change their minds; even then, it's likely he'll follow the path of so many previous prospects, and Strasburg. It just makes too much financial sense to delay him two months.

The big spike will be when he's called up in June.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
sell now, what are the chances this kid even comes close to living up to the massive hype?

Matt LaPorta anyone?

Members online

Latest posts