Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

First BGS order - slab damaged

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dp33

Jun 2, 2009
Got my first order back this week, and the slab on the Jungmann was damaged on the lower left corner, including some small pieces breaking off. Two others also have a crack in the same corner. I couldn't find anything on the Beckett site about sending them to be reslabbed - is that possible? If so, how much will it set me back? Thanks in advance for any help.

If you're curious, here are the cards. Can't really see the damage that easily, but I'm concerned about problems if I decide to sell them down the road.

Belt2011BowmanChromeorangerefBGS9.jpg
Trout2011BowmanChromeorangerefBGS9.jpg
Moore2011BowmanChromebluerefBGS95.jpg
Springer2011BowmanDraftBGS95.jpg
Jungmann2011BowmanDraftrefBGS95.jpg

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
You should be able to send it back for a reslab. If you can't get ahold of anyone at Beckett, get in touch with user jeffv96masters (member here and mod on Beckett forums) and he can run it down for you. Odds are, he'll be the most responsive to your dilemma.

chadwright

Jun 25, 2011
Austin, TX
I believe they'll reslab for free if it was damaged on the way back to you. It seems like every sub I do at least one or two come back damaged.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
chadwright said:
I believe they'll reslab for free if it was damaged on the way back to you. It seems like every sub I do at least one or two come back damaged.

This is extremely frustrating too because it's almost as if it's expected that each sub, you will get something damaged. My last submission resulted in 3 damaged slabs. In a previous sub, I received a damaged slab, so I sent it back to BGS. Luckily they fixed the slab, but when BGS broke the card out, they destroyed the bottom edge of the card, so now, I have a card that really deserves to be in a BGS 5 or 6 holder that's now in a BGS 9.5 holder. I'm very close to saying screw Beckett and switching to PSA. PSA premiums to me are just as high, if not higher than BGS anyway.

chadwright

Jun 25, 2011
Austin, TX
bballcardkid said:
chadwright said:

This is extremely frustrating too because it's almost as if it's expected that each sub, you will get something damaged. My last submission resulted in 3 damaged slabs. In a previous sub, I received a damaged slab, so I sent it back to BGS. Luckily they fixed the slab, but when BGS broke the card out, they destroyed the bottom edge of the card, so now, I have a card that really deserves to be in a BGS 5 or 6 holder that's now in a BGS 9.5 holder. I'm very close to saying screw Beckett and switching to PSA. PSA premiums to me are just as high, if not higher than BGS anyway.

I'm kind of with you on being fed up with them. However I chose BGS because they were the one company that could slab every card in my collection (no matter how thick) and they would look consistent. Still frustrating though.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
why would you want to pay for a service if you know already that you are going to have at least 1 damaged slab per order?? seems to me packaging of these is really lacking which there is no excuse for IMO. It's just another reason I don't own any slabs or ever intend to for my collection.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I would send to PSA, as I prefer their slabs, but their 45-day service is the same price as BGS's 10-day service. I am too impatient to send my cards off and wait 2 months to get them back. And even then, the 45-day service isn't even guaranteed like it is with BGS.

dp33

Jun 2, 2009
RiceLynnEvans75 said:
You should be able to send it back for a reslab. If you can't get ahold of anyone at Beckett, get in touch with user jeffv96masters (member here and mod on Beckett forums) and he can run it down for you. Odds are, he'll be the most responsive to your dilemma.

Thanks for the help!

To everyone else - thanks for letting me know this before I sent in... just kidding. I definitely prefer the look of the BGS slabs, and am impatient as well. That's going to be frustrating if it happens every order though.

Members online