Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I may have just bit off more than I can chew - tickets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150756450254?ss ... 1497.l2649

I noticed this seller had a bunch of single tickets for sale from games in which Justin Upton hit a home run. I sent him a message asking if he could come up with a package for me and we struck a deal for this lot. That's all I need is something else to chase. This is new to me but may become a regular, yearly thing if the seller can continue to get me tickets for big Upton games and milestones. Anyone else big into ticket collecting?

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
I have one floating around from Carl Crawfords 6 steal game, and i kept my Yankee/Red Sox ticket.

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
We have two tickets from every Cardinals World Series since the boys were born. Then every game they've attended, but not anything nearly as difficult as what you are talking about. Lol

David

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
I have the tickets from all of the games I've ever attended and a few from milestone events. I would suggest trying to buy season ticket holders booklet after the season, many times the tickets are unused or never torn out of the booklet.

Like this one from last year:
[ebay:2i2wb8mc]160661056604[/ebay:2i2wb8mc]

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
I collect Ellis Burks HR and milestone tickets/stubs. Although they don't pop up as often as cards do, I find it to be a very addicting portion of my collection. Looks like you got a great deal, too. I've paid anywhere from $2-$14 per ticket.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
I'm not huge into it, I tend to just keep the tickets from games I attend. The only ticket I've ever bought is a stub from Brandon Webb's first start back in '03. It would be an interesting market to try and get into, I'd definitely like a few Milestone tickets from D-backs games. I've thought about getting an '01 WS ticket, Randy's 20 K game, things of that nature, they just don't pop up often enough.

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
that would look cool framed at the end of his career.....like if he hits 550 homers, all 550 tickets framed!

or maybe a bit crazy ...who knows

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I spoke with a Fisk collector this week and he was collecting a ticket for every game Fisk caught. He now has 2,307 out of 2,499!!

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
I have first appearance, first start and first HR for Descalso. I would have first hit but he acquired that his first start lol. Lenny Steren is the man when it comes to tickets though. I can get you his email when I get back from Kansas city tomorrow. Also post that you need tickets from dates within that teams Craigslist area and that you would do paypal stuff.

nofrills

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I think the ticket idea is pretty neat.
I have this one. It's Henderson Alvarez' first MLB win:
firstwinticket-1.jpg

I also have this mess..
IMG_3784-1.jpg

Every game I went to in 2011. 43-44 something like that.
Just a neat keepsake for myself.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
I collect Andruw Jones HR tickets. I am currently at 78% and almost at 300 different tickets now. See my signature if you want to check out my collection. Had I known how hard it would be to finish up the last 30%, I probably would not have started this project. With that said, tickets from the 90's and early 2000's are a lot harder to find than current tickets. So the Justin Upton collection might not be too hard to keep up with. I have a connection I can hook you up with, but I will say his prices are rather high. He usually asks $7-10 per ticket. Anyways, pm me if you are interested in touching base with him. Good luck with what you decide!

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
I have every time from back to my first game that I went to dating back to 1976 for the Phillies. Also have every other game like Yankee stadium, Fenway Park, Camden Yards, WWE events, Flyers, Sixers, everything in a binder and my 7 and 4 year old are doing the same thing. Great memories.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
I've got 47 of Ryno's homer games, but I'm only picking up non-ticket master type tickets, so it makes my project a bit tougher. Lenny (if it's the same Lenny I'm thinking about) is a great source. He goes by Buckner on ebay.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
thelesquad said:
I've got 47 of Ryno's homer games, but I'm only picking up non-ticket master type tickets, so it makes my project a bit tougher. Lenny (if it's the same Lenny I'm thinking about) is a great source. He goes by Buckner on ebay.

Lenny is the guy I was talking about, he is a great source!

andrewnmisty

Jun 10, 2010
I have a ticket from every game Pomeranz has pitched in in the Majors...a whopping 4 different tickets!!! I will try to keep it going throughout the seasons to come!

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Wow. There are some impressive ticket collections on here. I'm not sure how crazy I'll get but I'm probably going to be opportunistic, picking up what I can when the price is right.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
WoundedDuck said:
Wow. There are some impressive ticket collections on here. I'm not sure how crazy I'll get but I'm probably going to be opportunistic, picking up what I can when the price is right.

Good luck, I found it to be a fun and challenging project. I've got 243 HR stubs or roughly 65% of all.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
I have a fledgling '69 Mets ticket collection:
Complete ticket from Seaver's 15th win:
001-14.jpg
002-4.jpg

Stub from the game where they clinched the division:
002-1.jpg

Games 1,2 & 5 of the World Series:
B4CH8ggCWkKGrHqFh8EycO7S0vtBMoU8CqG-w_35.jpg
001-6.jpg