Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps sent me 18 redemption cards of the SAME PLAYER!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

docsilvey

Aug 22, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I bought 20 USA auto redemption cards from 2011 Bowman Platinum over the past several weeks and recently submitted them all. I already have 5 different players in the set so I was really thinking that I would be able to complete the set with these redemptions. NOT!!!!

I definitely would not be complaining if it had been Mark Appel, but I am absolutely outraged that Topps has sent me 18 of the exact same player :evil:

Any opinions on what I should do here??? This is utterly ridiculous...

johnsonmess1.jpg

docsilvey

Aug 22, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Yes, purchased on ebay then redeemed via Topps.com/redemptions. Each redemption was for 1 of 22 different players. I was expecting to receive a few doubles of some of the players, but to actually receive several different cards...

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
docsilvey said:
I definitely would not be complaining if it had been Mark Appel, but I am absolutely outraged that Topps has sent me 18 of the exact same player :evil:
johnsonmess1.jpg

so it would be OK to send you 18 of one player, but not another???? seems to me that your logic is flawed. ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

David T.

Sep 4, 2008
springfieldisotopes4 said:
docsilvey said:
johnsonmess1.jpg

so it would be OK to send you 18 of one player, but not another???? seems to me that your logic is flawed. ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Really? That's what you got from his post?
David

docsilvey

Aug 22, 2008
Philadelphia, PA

That was said tongue-in-cheek as Appel is the early favorite to be drafted #1 overall this year and his cards are bringing really good coin right now. But I was REALLY wanting multiple players to fill my set.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
For the record, you could have done a LOT worse than Johnson. The dude's almost a surefire 1st rounder, and is considered the top 2-way player in the upcoming draft. If you don't want them, I'd be more than happy to take them off your hands.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Yeah, I too would not exactly be happy, but what can you do? Yu did in fact receive "1 of 22" for each redemption. I'm pretty sure there is no stated method for these redemptions either. Not trying to rain on your parade, but aside from striking out on the lottery here, you did get what you paid for. I know this is of no help, but what can you really do? Call and complain you did not get the cards you wanted off a blind redemption? Argue that you deserved a wide variety even though this was never stated or guaranteed?

But like I said before, I'd be less than pleased too.

docsilvey

Aug 22, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Jaypers said:
For the record, you could have done a LOT worse than Johnson. The dude's almost a surefire 1st rounder, and is considered the top 2-way player in the upcoming draft. If you don't want them, I'd be more than happy to take them off your hands.

I've been following him for a while and I do understand it could have been much worse. I naively thought I could get most of this set put together with these redemptions and now will have to spend hours chasing singles...
I would definitely consider selling for what I paid (~$180)...

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
That is the chance you take, there is no logic when filling redemptions with TOPPS. Lets just say you will be banking that this guy is a stud.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
I noticed this "pattern as well when I redeemed these in"bulk". I was lucky enough to get an Appel, and a Marrero Lot, but also Erich Wiess and Brady Rodgers lots.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
hey doc OP, I feel ya, I know exactly where you are coming from...

Once upon a time, I bought a bunch of redemptions. You know how all those people show off the letterman sets in their sigs, and they have each letter that spells their player's last name? UD did that for Sabathia, but it was a redemption. They weren't for anything specific, like a redemption for the letter "A"... they were all just generic redemptions for a letter. Did I get all S's? All A's? All B's?

Noooooooooo.............. I got these:

screwed.jpg

I hated UD so much that I started hoping, wishing and praying that they would go out of business.

Don't mess with me. :eek: ;) :lol:

Djarum

Oct 7, 2010
Kentucky
RL24 said:
hey doc OP, I feel ya, I know exactly where you are coming from...

Once upon a time, I bought a bunch of redemptions. You know how all those people show off the letterman sets in their sigs, and they have each letter that spells their player's last name? UD did that for Sabathia, but it was a redemption. They weren't for anything specific, like a redemption for the letter "A"... they were all just generic redemptions for a letter. Did I get all S's? All A's? All B's?

Noooooooooo.............. I got these:

screwed.jpg

I hated UD so much that I started hoping, wishing and praying that they would go out of business.

Don't mess with me. :eek: ;) :lol:
I do not know what is scarier. The sight of all those Tex cards or the half image of you with your pants down doing who knows what :shock: :lol:

Dale

Members online

Latest posts