Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just set up my Sportlots account!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waintrain

Jan 22, 2012
St. Louis Area
I have been adding inventory for a week or so and I'm up to over 1,000 cards total. I'm adding my Autos/GU tonight. Check it out here:http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=JoeKelly
I have just been adding some random boxes and recent breaks, but it will take a while before I have everything. I'll update my total number of cards here every time I add a big lot. My goal is to get over 10,000 cards.

Current Total:

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
It is a pain in the ass to start but it is worth it.I had 600,000 cards on there at one point.I trimmed it done alot after my daughter was born because I didn't have the time to keep up with that kind of volume.I do miss getting payments for $1500 each month for selling commons though.

waintrain

Jan 22, 2012
St. Louis Area
Hope I can get up there in terms of volume and income. I just added my autos and GU. Notables being a Craig Kimbrel Auto and a 07 Bowman Chrome Draft Beau Mills Blue Refractor Auto /150 BV $75.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I just started there in January, a lot of dumb ass buyers just like eBay but at least they buy common junk :D

Sitting at 14,181 cards right now will be over 100,000 when I get time to list some more but it is a slow pain in the ass compared to what I used to list on.

petesahuttt

Sep 15, 2010
I did a bit of poking around on the site but it seemed like the fees were exorbitant (like 75%) it seems like you'd need to do an enormous amount of volume to get anything worthwhile. Am I missing something?

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I am going to start over there soon myself. Are most of the successes low end sales that add up over the month, or does mid-high end do well there too?

Prospect Rush

Sep 9, 2011
Canada
petesahuttt said:
I did a bit of poking around on the site but it seemed like the fees were exorbitant (like 75%) it seems like you'd need to do an enormous amount of volume to get anything worthwhile. Am I missing something?

Curious myself....

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
petesahuttt said:
That's if you sell less than $5 worth of cards in a month.

Low Amt High Amt Fee Pct.
$0.00 $4.99 75%
$5.00 $24.99 50%
$25.00 $49.99 35%
$50.00 $99.99 27%
$100.00 $199.99 23%
$200.00 $299.99 20%
$300.00 $499.99 18%
$500.00 $999.99 17%
$1000.00 $1499.99 16%
$1500.00 Above 15%

The fees are a little high, but it's easily the best place to move cheap commons that would be difficult to move otherwise.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Every time this site comes up it sounds great in theory, but I think my problem is every time I then go to the site it takes forever to load anything, nothing is as streamlined as it could be and it all seems to be a bit of a pain.....I poke around for a few minutes and then give up....I then question how many people actually would use such a site and it doesn't inspire me to go through the effort to get started.

I just went through that scenario again after checking out this thread.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
rymflaherty said:
Every time this site comes up it sounds great in theory, but I think my problem is every time I then go to the site it takes forever to load anything, nothing is as streamlined as it could be and it all seems to be a bit of a pain.....I poke around for a few minutes and then give up....I then question how many people actually would use such a site and it doesn't inspire me to go through the effort to get started.

I just went through that scenario again after checking out this thread.
Used to run very slow for me, but it has been better for the last couple of months.

I have probably placed 15 or so orders, and I'll bet I've saved myself at least $50 in s&h fees vs ebay or comc.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
MojoDan said:
I am going to start over there soon myself. Are most of the successes low end sales that add up over the month, or does mid-high end do well there too?
I go there looking for low end, but I have also stumbled onto a $25 card that I never saw listed anywhere else and bought it from there.

2005SweetSticksSignatures5-35.jpg

Would have sold for more on ebay as well... :D

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I just hope you aren't selling **** on the site. Three sellers in the last week sent 2011 cards with notches or roller marks or a minor crease. Disappointing trying to finish some sets and **** like that shows up in my order which I don't find acceptable for my PC and there is no mechanism to return the non-acceptable cards for a refund.

I throw those kinds of damaged cards away - I don't sell any cards listed in NRMT-MT condition on the site that I wouldn't accept in my own PC.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
rsmath said:
I just hope you aren't selling **** on the site. Three sellers in the last week sent 2011 cards with notches or roller marks or a minor crease. Disappointing trying to finish some sets and **** like that shows up in my order which I don't find acceptable for my PC and there is no mechanism to return the non-acceptable cards for a refund.

I throw those kinds of damaged cards away - I don't sell any cards listed in NRMT-MT condition on the site that I wouldn't accept in my own PC.
You can file a complaint with the seller/site and get refunded partially or in whole.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
ChasHawk said:
You can file a complaint with the seller/site and get refunded partially or in whole.

no, you can't. grades aren't guaranteed and the seller is not expected to grade each and every card they list for sale, just generalize the grades. I scrutinize all the cards I post for sale.

EDIT: from the sportlots help file:

Please note that when sellers are entering common cards, it isn't cost effective to carefully grade each and every card. Sportlots doesn't allow for grades higher than NM to allow for small flaws in common cards that the sellers don't detect while they are entering thousands of cards at a time. Sellers are asked to generalize the condition of their common cards to help speed up the process of entering cards, while you may periodically receive a lower graded card, the overall result of the order should meet or exceed your expectations. When a seller enters more expensive cards, they are expected to very carefully grade these cards individually.

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
I've been selling there for 6 years - I will sell my 100,000th card in the next few months. I don't "scrutinize" my cards - but I look for obvious flaws - and I refund things when people let me know they aren't satisfied. Most of what I sell is minimum priced - so it isn't too big a problem - and certainly isn't worth returning.

Members online