Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best way to move low-end serial numbered cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I have about 200 low-end numbered cards.

Topps golds, Opening Day golds, M&Ms base and blacks, Heritage Chromes, Refractors, UD Future Stars, Co-Signers, Bowman blues and oranges.

Some decent players, some scrubs. Just nothing worth listing individually on ebay.
Does anyone have experience selling lots of numbered cards? Best way to go about it?

Thanks in advance.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I would break it up into maybe lots of 10 or 20. Use some kind of connection for each lot (pitcher lot, team lot, etc...). Start each as an auction with like a $9.99 starting price and see what happens.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
sportscardtheory said:
I would break it up into maybe lots of 10 or 20. Use some kind of connection for each lot (pitcher lot, team lot, etc...). Start each as an auction with like a $9.99 starting price and see what happens.
That's a good idea.

I do have enough of some sets (topps gold) to just make a lot of 25 or so of those.

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
one match at a time

You become more and more of a clown as each day passes. The guy asked a reasonable question, and you just have to chime in with a smart-ass no-value-added comment. Par for the course with you.

Anyway -- to the OP -- I've been wondering the same thing. I've got about 500 low-end serial numbered cards myself that I'm getting ready to move. I'm planning to list mine in one big lot and slap on a "shoot-for-the-moon" BIN with Best Offer and see what I can get. I figure I could probably maximize return by listing in smaller lots, but I don't want to spend the time doing so.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Save yourself the headache of 25 separate lots. Make one big lot and just advertise it as 200 or so numbered inserts with some stars and mention the big stars and just sell the whole thing.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I have several to move myself, and am probably going with lots of 10, where there are at least 2 good names to use in the title as keywords.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
ccouch (Chad) said:
ThoseBackPages said:
one match at a time

You become more and more of a clown as each day passes. The guy asked a reasonable question, and you just have to chime in with a smart-ass no-value-added comment. Par for the course with you.

THANKS TOPPS!!!

Oh, and I agree

Charlie, you might try consigning through a seller who uses COMC and BMP. I think CollectorsCorner does that. It'd save you the hassle of listing a bunch of stuff

BoatsN304s

Nov 3, 2011
Why not put them in a lot here and price it yourself. Let us offer what we would pay and sell it here. That saves eBay fees, paypal fees(if sent as gift), and you can maximize your profit.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
ccouch (Chad) said:
ThoseBackPages said:
one match at a time

:grouphug: You buddy. i was having a laugh with a friend of mine in regards to his post.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
ccouch (Chad) said:
ThoseBackPages said:
one match at a time

One guy recommends COMC. The OP says he's investigated it and would lose money. Another guy recommends burning them. The OP would break even.

So really.... was it all that smartass of a post? It seemed like the better choice of the two examples. You should pester the guy who recommended that the OP spends a bunch of time to lose money.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time officer, I know it's your duty and responsibility to keep the internet free of jokes and stuff like that. The internet is serious business. Keep up the good work.

Members online

Latest posts