Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jose Canseco wants to play in the Majors again

Are you for Canseco playing in the Majors again at 47+?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/ ... -baseball/

I say, why the hell not. If he's better than ONE current player on a Major League roster, give him a shot. The guy is a freak of nature (even off the juice). What a story that would be if he could find a way onto a ML team. At DH, he's GOT to be a better option than some player out there currently on a ML roster. Everyone deserves a second chance, IMO. And if he CAN do it, then why not.

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
i could care less if he was given a second shot, but no way in hell can he make the cut.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
springfieldisotopes4 said:
i could care less if he was given a second shot, but no way in hell can he make the cut.

It's definitely a matter of "if he can". If he can though, why the heck not? The league is strict on PED abuse and has testing in place, so he would HAVE to play clean.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
2011 - Adam Dunn (496 plate appearances, .569 OPS), Russell Branyan (146 plate appearances, .665 OPS), Jack Cust (270 plate appearances, .673 OPS), Wily Mo Pena (120 plate appearances, .666 OPS)

If these guys can make a ML roster at DH, why not Jose. None of these guys had over 11 HRs or over 42 RBIs last season. With Jose's explosive bat, he's gotta be good enough for .225+, 15-20+ HRs and 50-60+ RBIs. Only 3 DHs hit over 20 HRs last season in MLB.

FrostyCollects

Sep 28, 2011
Michigan
I voted "No way in hell" but I think I'm having second thoughts.... Without Pujols, STL needs a new attraction....add Canseco and bring Big Mac back to the lineup....that would be awesome....right? :mrgreen:

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
wolfmanalfredo said:
I think it would be awesome. If he can perform at the major league level, why not

he cannot perrform at the major league level.
not a chance at all

Members online

Latest posts