Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FINISHED!!! 2011 Leaf Valiant Anthony Rendon Rainbow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Thanks to Topnotchsy for trading me the Black and completing this rainbow.

RendonValiantRed.jpg
RendonValiantBlack.jpg
RendonValiantPurple.jpg
RendonValiantOrange.jpg
RendonValiantBlueAU.jpg
RendonValiantAU.jpg

So it's:
Red #1/1
Black #2/5
Purple #2/25
Orange #23/25
Blue #23/99 (jersey number)
Green (base)

And also had to get this, just so I can say I had them all.

RendonValiantPlayerEd.jpg

The OCD in me will force me to acquire a raw base (green) version to match the others. Thanks for looking

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Sorry if the Black shows up as being bigger than the others, i resized it in Photobucket to match the others before I created this thread, but Photobucket is stupid

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Keyser Soze said:
Sorry if the Black shows up as being bigger than the others, i resized it in Photobucket to match the others before I created this thread, but Photobucket is stupid

unacceptable! :twisted:

very nice rainbow. I'm sure it looks even better in person.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Thank you, all!

MisterT said:
Well done. I am really looking forward to seeing this kid play.

I am too. I live near Houston, so heard a lot about him since he went to (somewhat) nearby TCU. When he slid from his initially-projected #1 overall pick status due to injuries, I figured he'd be a decent value and made him my new PC guy. Now I can concentrate on his 2012 Bowman Chrome stuff when it comes out in May, I better start saving money now

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Keyser Soze said:
Thank you, all!

MisterT said:

I am too. I live near Houston, so heard a lot about him since he went to (somewhat) nearby TCU. When he slid from his initially-projected #1 overall pick status due to injuries, I figured he'd be a decent value and made him my new PC guy. Now I can concentrate on his 2012 Bowman Chrome stuff when it comes out in May, I better start saving money now

He went to Rice.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
beefycheddar said:
Keyser Soze said:
Thank you, all!

MisterT said:

He went to Rice.

That's what I meant, always say Rice when I mean TCU. My niece went to TCU and I always piss her off by calling it Rice, usually on purpose, but it sank into my subconscious

alwayson22

Dec 6, 2010
San Jose, CA
Congrats, Erik! It looks fantastic. Definitely the centerpiece of your Rendon PC ... until you pull the 2012 BC Rendon Super Auto :eek: We may have to split a case ;)

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
alwayson22 said:
Congrats, Erik! It looks fantastic. Definitely the centerpiece of your Rendon PC ... until you pull the 2012 BC Rendon Super Auto :eek: We may have to split a case ;)

Thanks Mike, we might have to do that, although the few hundred that would cost me would guarantee me a Gold Ref Auto on eBay, maybe even an Orange, so it might be tough to do.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Looks great!! got the cards in the mail today. Thanks!

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
congrats, looks great together!

love hearing stories about how boardmembers help other boardmembers out

Keyser Soze said:

RendonValiantRed.jpg
RendonValiantBlack.jpg
RendonValiantPurple.jpg
RendonValiantOrange.jpg
RendonValiantBlueAU.jpg
RendonValiantAU.jpg

So it's:
Red #1/1
Black #2/5
Purple #2/25
Orange #23/25
Green (base)

The OCD in me will force me to acquire a raw base (green) version to match the others. Thanks for looking

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
gradedeflator said:
congrats, looks great together!

love hearing stories about how boardmembers help other boardmembers out

I was glad to be able to help him make the rainbow, but I will make sure it is known that the OP made a very fair offer on the card. (Don't want it to seem like I did him a favor. We just worked out a deal that both sides were happy with.)

FrostyCollects

Sep 28, 2011
Michigan
To be honest, I have no idea who that player is but you've put together a fantastic-looking set. Always great to see fellow collectors accomplish such feats. Very cool.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Thank you all, and yes, Topnotchsy and I made a very fair trade. We'll just say he's hoping Julio teheran fulfills his potential

trolea1234 said:
Looks great Erik! Cards look amazing. Now go find the Bundy valiant red!! :cool:

Thanks Troy. An FCB member used to have the Bundy Red, I guess he still does. It's graded a 9.5, and I inquired a while back and he wanted about $300 more than I felt it was worth. Maybe one day, I just don't have the ammo to get it now. Since I have the Bundy Black, Blue, and base in BGS 9.5, it would be KILLER to add that Red, and then an Orange and Purple and complete a BGS 9.5 rainbow, but I just don't have the means necessary to pull it off

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Keyser Soze said:

RendonValiantRed.jpg
RendonValiantBlack.jpg
RendonValiantPurple.jpg
RendonValiantOrange.jpg
RendonValiantBlueAU.jpg
RendonValiantAU.jpg

So it's:
Red #1/1
Black #2/5
Purple #2/25
Orange #23/25
Green (base)

CONGRATS! A serious accomplishment!

Members online

Latest posts