Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need help with awesome Fergie Jenkins inscription

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highphat

Aug 18, 2008
Can the vast knowledge on FCB help? I have searched and searched, but I can't find any reference to him having the nickname "Fudge" or ever being called "Fudge" casually. I have even tried to contact his charity, but have yet to receive a response. Thanks in advance for any help!

001.jpg

agentjak

Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR said:
"Fergie" and "Jenks" only ones I've heard of???

..................+1..those two are the only ones that come to mind..but you never know it could be a inside "family" nickname maybe?? Kinda cool if you ask me..and besides that, that Absolute set is one of my all-time favorite set(s) out there and I would love to have an inscription like that in my own PC..so congrats!!

highphat

Aug 18, 2008
agentjak said:
AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR said:
"Fergie" and "Jenks" only ones I've heard of???

..................+1..those two are the only ones that come to mind..but you never know it could be a inside "family" nickname maybe?? Kinda cool if you ask me..and besides that, that Absolute set is one of my all-time favorite set(s) out there and I would love to have an inscription like that in my own PC..so congrats!!
Thanks! I'm a huge collector of the 05 Absolute Memorabilia set which is how I stumbled across it in the first place. I knew I had to have it. To top it off, it's numbered /10.

highphat

Aug 18, 2008
smapdi- Possibly the the wrong Fudge Jenkins :)

thefatguy- Thank you...that is the organization that I am waiting on a response from.

highphat

Aug 18, 2008
I seem to have stumped the HOF! Here was the response I rec'd today.

"Dear Bryan:

I referenced our clippings file on Fergie Jenkins this morning, as well as various media guides that we have on file for the teams that Fergie played for during his career. In addition, I consulted a pair of other sources, one being a book on baseball autographs, and found nothing on Fergie signing as "Fudge." According to most sources, he seems to have most commonly signed as "Fergie" or "Ferguson."

Sorry we couldn't be of more assistance. Please feel free to contact us if you have further questions.

Sincerely,
Don Eckerson
HOF Library Volunteer"

Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions? I think I may need to get in touch with Mr. Jenkins personally to get to the root of this one.

Members online