Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Analyzing Trevor Bauer's 9 Pitches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Any concerns that he is throwing two pitches that have somewhat fallen out of favor because of concerns that they are more likely to cause arm injuries? I'm referring to the split-finger fastball and a modified screwball.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Meh. Two is all you need. Locate your pitch, change speeds, be smart. Greg Maddux and Bob Gibson didn't need a circle-reverse-gyro-changeup or whatever. I suspect he won't either.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
"One great pitch can get you to the big leagues, 2 can make you a star, 3 can make you a legend..."

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
New way to call a game for Bauer...

101027oregon_fast_ap.jpg

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
All you need is a Gyroball and you are guaranteed one year of sucess, four years of mediocrity, and then Tommy John.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
WoundedDuck said:
matfanofold said:
"One great pitch can get you to the big leagues, 2 can make you a star, 3 can make you a legend..."

What does 9 make you?

I think you have missed the point, or grossly overestimated his tool bag. His fastball and two-seamer are very good, but I would not call them great. He has a "great" curve when its working properly, but everything else is at best workable. Point being that although he has some good stuff, he has yet to really show he can dominate with any single pitch. Also, his mechanics that some call "Herkey Jerkey" coupled with a "violence and stiffness in his motion and landing" tends to lead to something other than consistant. I personally do not see this kid making a splash what-so-ever, and do not see him becoming anything better than a 3 or 4 man.

Members online