Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Answer this BGS slab grading question vs a raw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glewis22

Jan 8, 2010
If I bought a BGS 9.5 Gold Auto of a really good prospect for $325, is $300 for a gorgeous raw Orange of the same guy a decent price?

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
glewis22 said:
If I bought a BGS 9.5 Gold Auto of a really good prospect for $325, is $300 for a gorgeous raw Orange of the same guy a decent price?

There are circumstances that could change my stance, but based on the limited information given, I would say yes. A BGS 9.5 Gold Refractor, IMO, is close in value to a raw Orange Ref, assuming print run is the standard 50 Golds and 25 Oranges

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
Answer this...

if the Orange is THAT good looking, why would anyone leave money on the table and sell it raw?

I know several individuals who sell a good amount of prospect cards (to include high end) and don't grade anything.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
Answer this...

if the Orange is THAT good looking, why would anyone leave money on the table and sell it raw?

I do not grade cards, if I had pulled it, it would have been listed raw. And I do not think I am the only one who would have done it that way either.