Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB tv on IPad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chadwright

Jun 25, 2011
Austin, TX
I didn't personally, but the reviews I've read have been really positive. I'll probably go to the premium level this year since it includes the app as part of the price.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I don't have an ipad. The thought of sitting somewhere, anywhere, with the baseball game on my lap... it almost brings me to tears. I have to tell grandpa about this. He always used to tell me about how amazing it was about TBS and WGN, and when he was a kid there weren't two games on TV, there weren't two games on the radio.... there was one game on the radio, unless the home team wasn't playing that night.

All those baseball games on an iPad. Angels cry. Tears of joy.

yclipper21

Feb 14, 2010
Best money I ever spent. If you like to watch a ton of baseball it's unbelieveable. The iPhone APP is very nice too. All the boxes scores u want, one live game per night on streaming video, and you can listen to every game from the home or visitor radio network.

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
I live in Iowa so the blackout policies make it a no go. If they changed their blackout restrictions I'd be all over it.

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
cubfan131 said:
I live in Iowa so the blackout policies make it a no go. If they changed their blackout restrictions I'd be all over it.

Same here. They blackout the Tigers for me because they are on Fox Sports Detroit in my area. If I could watch the Tigers live on mlb.tv, I would drop my dish like a bad habit.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
I think I'm the perfect candidate for the MLB app.

1. Yankee fan displaced to California = no blackout probs
2. Apple fanatic = my iPhone, iPad, and AppleTV can all play the MLB games from one single subscription

The best money I've spent on an app and subscription, hands down. I work in a chemistry lab all day at a fume hood, so I listen to the radio broadcast (Yankee games being mostly Eastern timezone start while I'm still at work) and then generally watch the second half while on the bike at the gym.

Jenkinssssss

Nov 21, 2011
MLB subscription is best through either a PS3 or a beast laptop. The PS3 interface and HD quality is amazing if you have the bandwidth. Can choose home/away feeds and all sorts of other stuff.
My laptop is a quad core i7 (2nd Gen Sandy Bridge) and I can stream 4 games on 1 screen over WIDI to my LED/home theater (requires $100 Netgear HDMI tranceiver, PTV2000).
Perfect for the fan/fantasy/gambling degenerate.

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
It's well worth it assuming of course you are not at risk of local blackout restrictions. As noted the best part is that you can make use of your subscription on multiple devices. For 2011 I viewed games on iPhone, on the web and on my media center using Boxee sometimes at the same time.

chadwright

Jun 25, 2011
Austin, TX
The blackouts are a pain, but I just got in the habit of watching the Rangers' games the day after they aired if it was a night game. Not ideal, but we dumped cable about seven years ago, so this is the only way I can regularly watch MLB games.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Jays blacked out in Canada, great because I can watch everyone else. No ipad, but I usually buy the half season package after august, and I will be downloading it for android this year.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
I used it last year on the iPad, and Roku. Both are really good in their own ways. It's also coming to the Xbox as well. Since I don't care about anything on cable other than baseball it's awesome for me. That, and the fact I only get blacked out of Tigers games if they play BAL, ATL, WAS, or CIN. It usually means at most just the Baltimore games. Which I go to if they are in Baltimore anyway every year.

MLB really does need to review their blackout policy. Certain areas of the country get blacked out of waaaay too many teams. Teams that don't even make sense. How is CIN a team in our region? Cincinnati is 7 hours away. Now I know why we don't have a team in NC when we are now the 10th largest state. Too many teams would have to give up our market to put a team here. No way 4 teams are going to go for that.

rbadger

Aug 10, 2008
Wake Forest, NC
I had it and it was great! I have the HDMI out adapter and can then hook it up to my 65" TV at home and it looks great. Also, when traveling it allows me to watch any game I want. I also love the PS3 App and use that when I want to watch multiple games at the same time. I will definitely pony up the $130 this year as the iPad/iPhone apps are included (last year you still had to pay for the apps)!

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I had it and it was great! I have the HDMI out adapter and can then hook it up to my 65" TV at home and it looks great. Also, when traveling it allows me to watch any game I want. I also love the PS3 App and use that when I want to watch multiple games at the same time. I will definitely pony up the $130 this year as the iPad/iPhone apps are included (last year you still had to pay for the apps)!

I was wondering if you could do that with the HDMI. Do they want full payment paid in full now or will they do the monthly installment plan still ?

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
If you have to spend $100 for an HDMI adapter you should just get the $99 AppleTV and get all the added benefits of that too.

Didn't know they were going to roll the price of the iPad/iPhone apps into the total cost at $130 this year, that's cool. The $15 for the iPhone app (which I just used on the iPad instead of getting the "HD" app) seemed a bit stupid, but getting all the radio broadcasts through it was a great deal.

I also got the MiLB app last year and watched some Montero in AAA on it, but don't expect much in the way of video since it is kinda sparse below AAA especially.

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
fellow members, there's a way to watch your local teams from your own state. You would have to change your IP address to another state. I was reading online that you would have to mess around w/ the proxy servers to switch your IP address to another state/country. There's a couple of website that will do that for you. There's this one website that charges $50 per year and you have unlimited kbps for the year. Of course, to watch MLB "HD" quality you need 3,000 kbps..research it for more info...I'm just typing on what I remember on it.

rbadger

Aug 10, 2008
Wake Forest, NC
D-Lite said:
If you have to spend $100 for an HDMI adapter you should just get the $99 AppleTV and get all the added benefits of that too.

Didn't know they were going to roll the price of the iPad/iPhone apps into the total cost at $130 this year, that's cool. The $15 for the iPhone app (which I just used on the iPad instead of getting the "HD" app) seemed a bit stupid, but getting all the radio broadcasts through it was a great deal.

I also got the MiLB app last year and watched some Montero in AAA on it, but don't expect much in the way of video since it is kinda sparse below AAA especially.

The HDMI adapter was $25...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPhon...?pt=US_Tablet_Accessories&hash=item2a11b45d3d
This allows me to take it with me when I travel too and hook up to hotel TV's, etc. to watch it on a bigger screen

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I'm still waiting for Sirius/XM to resolve whatever business they have with MLB so I can have Stern and baseball with just the one subscription. But I've been thinking about signing up for some online baseball content this year and this sounded good. Especially now that Stern is basically down to doing about 9 shows a month.

Members online

Latest posts