Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay and Paypal Fees

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardguy

Aug 24, 2008
OHIO
Was wondering what everyone thinks after Ebay and Paypal fees what % of your total sale is left? I understand, I can do this with a small picture, but when selling for a living or large scale what do you find normally to be the truth? Thanks for the help.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I don't know off hand but I'm sure you could find the fee schedules with a google search!

PayPal and eBay pretty much have a monopoly don't they.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
I primarily sell mid-end to high-end items (Average sale is probably $100) on Ebay; after shipping, paypal, and Ebay fees, I tend to net about 85% of the final sale amount. Of course, if your average sale is higher than that and/or you've got Ebay selling discounts, your fees are probably slightly lower than that.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
I usually estimate 15% of the sale will be tied up in fees of some kind. I do a lot of free shipping as well, so that accounts for a pretty good amount, but 15% give or take should be what you should expect.

cardguy

Aug 24, 2008
OHIO
coltsfan23 said:
I primarily sell mid-end to high-end items (Average sale is probably $100) on Ebay; after shipping, paypal, and Ebay fees, I tend to net about 85% of the final sale amount. Of course, if your average sale is higher than that and/or you've got Ebay selling discounts, your fees are probably slightly lower than that.

Thanks for the help!

cardguy

Aug 24, 2008
OHIO
clarkfan said:
I usually estimate 15% of the sale will be tied up in fees of some kind. I do a lot of free shipping as well, so that accounts for a pretty good amount, but 15% give or take should be what you should expect.

Just amazing ebay and paypal make that much....They are making some money...Thanks for the helpful answer!

ChipperFanInChicago

Jan 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I believe between ebay and paypal combined, they take 12% of the final sale. By the time you ship the item, it will prob. be around 15%. So those guys who said 85% are pretty much spot on. Hope this helps.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
ChipperFanInChicago said:
I believe between ebay and paypal combined, they take 12% of the final sale. By the time you ship the item, it will prob. be around 15%. So those guys who said 85% are pretty much spot on. Hope this helps.

+1.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Depends on what kind of store you have and if you get a power seller discount etc. More than likely between 10 and 15% for everyone though.

Members online

Latest posts