Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mail - Portis Shout Out /5, Refractors, and More

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
First up, my loot from a trade I made with Collector's Corner. I had to break down some of these for commentary and labeling. Thanks for the smooth deal, Jared!

My three favorites here. I've been eying up the Portis Shout Out /5 for quite some time (J was kind enough to no push a sale elsewhere so I could eventually obtain it). Then the Eduardo Escobar Red Refractor 5/5 might be the best baseball card in my Sox pc. And I was also happy to add its Orange /25 brother.

Scan0014.png
Scan0015.png
Scan0016.png

And the rest, including a Leonard Myers Hula Bowl card (his only card, and a cool "odd ball" Bowl memorabilia card), Beason Prestige rc /25, AJ80 rc /100, Hurd is jersey seam (or stitched to hide cocaine baggie, not sure).

Got the Gold Standard in a deal with seahawks4ever (thanks for the smooth transaction). Traded for the Shockey/Dorsey dual with tonsofcommons. Won the AJ80 Red Spectrum on Listia, so it was free. Got the Gordon R&S as a freebie from Tom Murray (thanks, Tom!)

Last but not least, I got these in from a member on another site. He offered to send me the Rolle for something Purdue in return, and it showed up with these bonus Cane refractors, a couple of rookies, and some base cards.

I also got these in a few weeks ago from Superhuskiesfan1, but I don't believe I posted them here on FCB, so here they are. Thanks again.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
I LOVE those Shout Outs, and it's cool to see yours had a bit of an additional incription on it. Nice haul, Paul*!

*I know your name isn't Paul. It rhymes.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Slette said:
I LOVE those Shout Outs, and it's cool to see yours had a bit of an additional incription on it. Nice haul, Paul*!

*I know your name isn't Paul. It rhymes.
Thanks, Tom Hanks*! I also love that inscription.

*Same reason given above

CollectorsCorner said:
You didn't tell me that was Myers only card. I should have traded that straight up for everything you gave me

You had him listed with your Miami Dolphins. I at least did you the favor of telling you he was a Patriot and the "Miami" on the card referred to his collegiate team. It would appear I was wrong; he also has a Rookies and Stars rookie. But that's it.

jaydepasse

Dec 20, 2008
great stuff as always mag, the portis would only be better if he was in a canes uni. i love the cooper, need to get one myself. the myers is cool, he laso has a chrome version to like this

myers-1.jpg

btw do you have any more extras to trade, i have some more extra canes for you

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Thanks for the views and comments, everyone.

Gt, Escobar had high expectations, but has since come down a bit. Right now, he's competing with another guy for a utility backup role. But that can all change with just a few good games.

jaydepasse said:
great stuff as always mag, the portis would only be better if he was in a canes uni. i love the cooper, need to get one myself. the myers is cool, he laso has a chrome version to like this

myers-1.jpg

btw do you have any more extras to trade, i have some more extra canes for you

I didn't realize there was a Chrome version. I'll have to grab one of those down the road. I don't believe I have any new Canes to trade off. I'll definitely PM you first when I do get some.

Members online

Latest posts