Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brett Lawrie Super Auto Pulled.... from a value box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
ChasHawk said:
Do you really think the morons at topps know whcih hobby packs have the supers in them?

The morons might not, but some brilliant advertising/marketing manager probably does. :lol:

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
ChasHawk said:
Do you really think the morons at topps know whcih hobby packs have the supers in them?
I don't know. They could very well just be sealed packs knowingly inserted into these.

Hard to believe that they ran out of retail cases to insert these.
They pull a few hobby cases off the warehouse shelves to use for these, and those cases just happen to have all the HUGE hits?

Just CRAZY!!

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
brauny said:
Russ S. said:
TBTwinsFan said:
nice pull.
:lol: :lol:
It wasn't his pull, and "nice" is an understatement.
That's a couple G's right there found in a $10-$15 value box.

A couple G's, more like 15 to 20 g's ha ha. And isn't this old news.
Yes it is.

The base Super (non-auto'd) was pulled a month or 2 ago.
This is the AUTO'd Super. Just pulled.

Yeah, 15 is a couple. ;)

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Sickness!

AkrZNwwCAAIO5Nc.jpg

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Russ S. said:
TBTwinsFan said:
nice pull.
:lol: :lol:
It wasn't his pull, and "nice" is an understatement.
That's a couple G's right there found in a $10-$15 value box.

Well, I knew it wasn't his, it was the dude in the linked thread :D

It's a sick card though. Was the card signed yet? I thought I saw a pic of it somewhere but it could have been a mock up.

EDIT: I saw the above post. NVM!

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Matt Moore, Eric Hosmer and now Lawrie. All from Value Boxes.

Wonder if people are going to go even more nuts staking out their stores until the Harper goes public.

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
Good for the buyer.

Anyone remember the thread where there was the whole argument about what would or wouldn't be found in the value boxes? I guess those that were arguing that few, if any supers / top hits would be pulled out of them are looking pretty foolish now. Those that said that supers could not be pulled from them and held their ground must be feeling even more foolish.

The seeding of these cards into value boxes is either a brilliant marketing move in an attempt to get more business towards their retail sectors or just a coincidence that was extremely unlikely to have happened.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Buynhisellnlow said:
Good for the buyer.

Anyone remember the thread where there was the whole argument about what would or wouldn't be found in the value boxes? I guess those that were arguing that few, if any supers / top hits would be pulled out of them are looking pretty foolish now. Those that said that supers could not be pulled from them and held their ground must be feeling even more foolish.

The seeding of these cards into value boxes is either a brilliant marketing move in an attempt to get more business towards their retail sectors or just a coincidence that was extremely unlikely to have happened.

Does JP still think that someone potentially pulling the Bryce Harper Superfractor out of one of these is a crazy idea?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
vwnut13 said:
Does JP still think that someone potentially pulling the Bryce Harper Superfractor out of one of these is a crazy idea?

When did I say that? Link, please.

Members online