Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Topps Tribute - Added Value

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
With the highly-anticipated 2012 Topps Tribute Baseball set to release in less than a month, Topps is pleased to announce it has made some significant enhancements to the product.

Topps has included an additional 100 Hank Aaron buyback autographed cards. All 100 cards are extra hits in the product!

Every Tribute Autograph and Tribute Relic Card will be encased for optimal presentation! Each case will also be sealed with a Topps Tribute Authentication sticker.

Many of the 1 of 1 on-card Autographs in the product now include an inscription directly from the player!

And the on-card Autograph checklist has several new additions including Albert Pujols, Cal Ripken, Ken Griffey Jr., Ernie Banks, Carl Yastrzemski and Frank Thomas.

The hobby exclusive 2012 Topps Tribute hits shelves March 7th and includes 3 Autographs and 3 Relics per box!

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Eamon said:
ughhhh encased???? really? booo

why, looks great and protected

Screen-Shot-2012-02-16-at-2.03.16-PM.png

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
thefatguy said:
Eamon said:
ughhhh encased???? really? booo
Wow is it so hard to take it out of a case?

Perhaps he was thinking they'd be "slabbed". Cases are fine until some knob scratches it to crap. About 6 months after release you should be able to pick some up out of the case :lol: Aaron buybacks sound cool and I guess that might explain why some of his cards from the diamond giveaway are on back order. Thanks Topps!

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Anyone have an updated checklist for this product? I have seen the originals, and then the here and there add ons, but not an updated, consolidated one.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
2004 Prime Cuts had two editions, and I've always loved the one that was completely encapsulated. I think it looks cleaner than the one with a sticker on it, and prices have reflected that. It's also a great way to prove that a patch is real. Unless they've figured out a way to show when a sticker has been removed, questions about fake patches will still linger. Another issue with 2004 Prime Cuts II was that some of the stickers would come off due to the residue not being good enough.

Also, the picture of the Koufax shows a holder that doesn't have the corners cut out like a One-Touch. For protection purposes, I'd rather have an expensive card in a one-touch than the holder that Topps provides.

ErnieBanks2004PrimeCuts2.jpg

DukeSnider2004PrimeCutsII.jpg

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
I wonder how the redemption cards look in a holder, because that is what you will get for the big hits.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
goldenegg1 said:
I wonder how the redemption cards look in a holder, because that is what you will get for the big hits.

:lol: Shoulda photoshopped that instead, you might have earned a perfect post!

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Brewer Andy said:
goldenegg1 said:

:lol: Shoulda photoshopped that instead, you might have earned a perfect post!

If I knew how to work photoshop I would have done it.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
All In Cards said:

take card, forge auto, slip in a case, photoshop up the cheap-looking sticker that goes over the case
opening, print and apply sticker and presto! :lol:

btw, 100 aaron autos = 100 cards of sadness

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
rsmath said:
All In Cards said:

take card, forge auto, slip in a case, photoshop up the cheap-looking sticker that goes over the case
opening, print and apply sticker and presto! :lol:

btw, 100 aaron autos = 100 cards of sadness
why sadness? his on-card autos look much better than the stickers he's been signing the last few years.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
ChasHawk said:
why sadness? his on-card autos look much better than the stickers he's been signing the last few years.

Father time has not been good to his handwriting in recent years. If I were going to get an Aaron auto for the PC, I'd be going for like a 2001-2003 auto.

I wonder how much longer before a baby can scribble his auto better than he can.

Members online