Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Going to spring training!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jetsrule4

Aug 16, 2008
Need tips for Steinbrenner field
Where and when should I try to get autographs
I'm going to the Yankees vs braves
Then
Phillies vs orioles

ugafan247

Jul 15, 2011
First off congrats!! ST is a great time to get autos in large quantities
Now the bad news. Two of the teams you choose (phiilies and yankees) are some of the worst signers in baseball. Both games will be packed with yankees and phillies fans, and I know for a fact that steinbrenner field is one of the worst for signing. And the phillies, well they just have a reputation for not signing at all. I will mention thought that the orioles will sign well at the phillies game, and the Braves might sign at the yankees game. This is all from experience, so I can be wrong (hopefully for your sake)
I hate to sound like such a downer, but some teams just don't sign well. Besides that though, best of luck to you and I hope you prove me wrong. But more importantly, have fun!!

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
For the Yankees, the best thing to do is to graph their stadium for an away game. Not all players will go on road trips. The next best thing is to attend a SS away game for the Yankees in Dunedin, Brandenton, or Disney. This splits up the superstars on the team and you can find out where each player is going to day before in the Tampa Tribune. If no SS game, an away game at the Blue Jays, Pirates, or Braves if better then graphing the stadium in Tampa.

Ed Smith Stadium is just a hard stadium to graph.

Same for the Phillies.

Good Luck !

ebechols

Jan 20, 2011
Montgomery, AL
I had zero luck with the Yankees, last year, however at the Phillies Stadium I had decent luck at the fence by the employee parking lot.(Where the players and coaches park.) Good luck and enjoy the trip.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Since 2008, the Phillies have been tough signers. The ushers are really bad now, with getting everyone out of the front two rows, and the "bigger" players rarely sign other than the 10 minutes before game time. Prior to 2008, it was easy to get autos in Clearwater.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I have always done well with the Phillies in Disney and Brandenton due to the way the stadiums are setup. Clearwater and Tampa are expensive stadiums just to go watch a game that will turn into a AAAA game by the 5th inning. Dunedin is just a old stadium that is still good inside to graph. The complex and parking lot are a waste of time.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
I went to see the Braves and Yankees play at Steinbrenner field last year and didn't even bother going after the yankees. The Braves signed pretty well, the best 2 auto's I got were Chipper and McCann. Heyward signed but I missed him.

I have been to a phillies game in clearwater as well but they didn't seem to be signing at all. But I went to see the phillies practice and the end of feb when the players were just getting there and did pretty well. D brown, Manuel, Sandberg, and a few others.

Usually the away teams are the best signers from my experience.

jetsrule4

Aug 16, 2008
I am sitting very close to the field so the ushers don't really present an issue for me
Where do the Yankees practice? Is there another field? That's what I really want to know

jetsrule4

Aug 16, 2008
And thanks for the input everybody I really just want to be prepared!
I will graph but I'm not one to stand at parking lots and other places I get whatever I get inside the ballpark or at the practices.
I'm going to bring a few pictures, the river ave. train sign that says Yankee stadium on it, 3 OMLB's and a few cards but mainly I'm going for the experience

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
jetsrule4 said:
I will graph but I'm not one to stand at parking lots and other places I get whatever I get inside the ballpark or at the practices.
I'm going to bring a few pictures, the river ave. train sign that says Yankee stadium on it, 3 OMLB's and a few cards but mainly I'm going for the experience

This is what I came away with last year from three days at GMS Field.

Colin Curtis (Current Player)
Lee Mazzilli (Former Player)
Mike Harkey (Bullpen Coach)
Larry Rothschild (Pitching Coach)
Tony Franklin (Trenton Thunder Coach)
Nardi Contreras (Minor League Pitching Coordinator)

Everybody just gave up on players and decided to go for the autograph of anybody who walked by that was willing to sign. :lol:

jetsrule4

Aug 16, 2008
vwnut13 said:
jetsrule4 said:

This is what I came away with last year from three days at GMS Field.

Colin Curtis (Current Player)
Lee Mazzilli (Former Player)
Mike Harkey (Bullpen Coach)
Larry Rothschild (Pitching Coach)
Tony Franklin (Trenton Thunder Coach)
Nardi Contreras (Minor League Pitching Coordinator)

Everybody just gave up on players and decided to go for the autograph of anybody who walked by that was willing to sign. :lol:
at practices or games?

bigmick33

Jun 20, 2010
Atlanta
I dont know how it is for the professional teams, but I went to a Tampa Yankees game last year and the visiting team was doing warm ups on the practice field to the right of the stadium. They were very accessible, and very willing. But they were single A players.

Members online

Latest posts