Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 playoff contenders?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
Yeah, I'd like to see the SP list myself.

I've never been more in love with a rookie ticket set than this one and am looking to hoard a certain card.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Yeah, like Tim said.

It's usually 2-3 weeks before they release the SP list. DO NOT sell any singles for a while, at least until people start listing possible SPs.

For the new PC rippers, you would NOT believe what the SPs go for shortly after the List goes Live. :eek:

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
Viking4Alpha said:

I've never been more in love with a rookie ticket set than this one and am looking to hoard a certain card.

You actually like the Ticket design this year? I think its worse than 2009, which is saying a lot.

2010 was probably one of the best in recent memory, and 2011 is probably one of the worse. I just hate the way everything is boxed in its own little area. I could have honestly done this design on MS Paint with no training. There is no advanced composition that shows any talent by the designer.

This one is probably the best of them all. Blue background + Blue Jersey = floating head.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-PANINI-CON ... 3f13e8ac5c

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Gellman said:
Viking4Alpha said:

You actually like the Ticket design this year? I think its worse than 2009, which is saying a lot.

2010 was probably one of the best in recent memory, and 2011 is probably one of the worse. I just hate the way everything is boxed in its own little area. I could have honestly done this design on MS Paint with no training. There is no advanced composition that shows any talent by the designer.

This one is probably the best of them all. Blue background + Blue Jersey = floating head.

Your hatred of Panini is getting to a point of ridiculousness. In now way shape or form is 2011 worse than 2009. In 2009 the autos were hard to see and the autos were bubbling, I haven't seen any of those issues with 2011.

Just because a design is simple and easy doesn't mean it doesn't look nice.

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
This is the nicest looking Contenders sets I've seen for awhile now. The Locker looks great and like said before, I don't see a floating head. The design is clean, simple, and uncluttery which I love.

I haven't bought a hobby box of anything for a long time. This product is making me want to.

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
I really think that everything boxed up (ticket on left, player up top, signature down below) with the single color background behind the player looks awful.

Locker is wearing the same color jersey as the background, it should have been the dark blue, not the light.

In all reality, the Rookie Ink cards should be the tickets. They look pretty good.

2010 was a banner year for Contenders, and I think this is a complete and utter downgrade in every possible way - even though I hate the foilboard last year.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
You keep mentioning the Locker card, how many other cards are like that? If it's only the Locker, you're making a big stink over one card.

If the Rookie Ink cards should be the tickets, they would need changed in order to put the ticket part in, therefore, changing what the card looks like and it would then be a completely different looking card.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
mstng99tim said:
Gellman said:
Viking4Alpha said:

Your hatred of Panini is getting to a point of ridiculousness. In now way shape or form is 2011 worse than 2009. In 2009 the autos were hard to see and the autos were bubbling, I haven't seen any of those issues with 2011.

I thought i was imagining it...

I think panini could ask him to design it, make it exactly as he asks and he'd still hate it.

:lol:

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
phillyfan0417 said:
mstng99tim said:
Gellman said:
Viking4Alpha said:

I thought i was imagining it...

I think panini could ask him to design it, make it exactly as he asks and he'd still hate it.

:lol:

Probably.

In all seriousness, I know what I like, and Panini has made it a habit of producing things in exactly the opposite way (not because of me, but just the way it is).

I really despise how they design their cards. That's it. If they start doing things that I like, Ill credit them - like the Crown Royale Die Cut Jumbo autos. Awesome cards. There are a few others they have done this year too, but I can count them on one hand. The Rookie Ink cards are one of them.

I think the Tickets should have looked more like this:

AlYw4UcCIAIvoM2.jpg

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
If anyone pulls a Locker card, and doesn't like it because they can't find Locker on the card, I'll be more than happy to take it off your hands. ;)

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
gt2590 said:
Yeah, like Tim said.

It's usually 2-3 weeks before they release the SP list. DO NOT sell any singles for a while, at least until people start listing possible SPs.

For the new PC rippers, you would NOT believe what the SPs go for shortly after the List goes Live. :eek:

i wouldn't necessarily agree with that. i think you can get an idea what's not a short print even now. Might sell some now and buy back next couple of weeks when it drops before SP list released.

you can tell if theres a lot of card already on the Bay that it's prob not short printed

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts