Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is this true?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Just ran across the below statement in a auction.

ALL CARDS ARE AT LEAST NEAR MINT!*
*(PLEASE NOTE: PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT MOST DARK BORDERED CARDS AND/OR FOIL CARDS MAY CONTAIN SOME WHITE CHIPPING WHICH IS A FREQUENT OCCURANCE IN THE PRODUCTION OF THE CARDS. THIS HAS BEEN ACCEPTED AND UNDERSTOOD IN OUR INDUSTRY AND WE CONSIDER THOSE CARDS TO BE NM. ANY OTHER DAMAGE BEYOND THAT WILL BE DESCRIBED AND STATED IN OUR EBAY STORE/AUCTION ITEM DESCRIPTION.)

I realize raw cards are not all gem and if you want a flawless card then you should just buy a graded one but it just seems like the seller is trying to cover their butts on crummy conditioned cards.

Hadn't seen that before....
Is it really accepted and understood?

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
While it does happen with dark bordered cards, it doesn't excuse damage. Damaged cards are damaged cards. Thus, a nice card (eg. 1971 Topps baseball) without damaged edges rates a premium.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Its pretty subjective and on a set by set basis I would think. Seller definitely should be providing scans. Sounds like he was burned in the past on a difference of opinion although his attempt to prevent it from happening again is futile

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
I don't think it is widely accepted and understood. More than likely like someone already said, seller is just trying to cover his rear end, and protect himself from item not described claims. Not sure it will work however.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
I don't get why people even try and describe a card in auctions. Just put up a good scan and let it do the talking. Everyone seems to have differing opinions anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts