Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Greatest brawl of all time?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
That was a good one. The Braves and Padres had a good one in the mid-80's that rivals it. The benches cleared at least two or three times. Pascual Perez (who was bats**t crazy on a good day) was in the middle of most it. Some fans even got involved at one point. And I remember Eddie Whitson, who had already been tossed, coming back out onto the field from the locker room without his shirt on.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Going through the brawls on MLB.com...Chris Carpenter was the main culprit in three of them. Looks like someone has anger issues.

Todd44

Nov 25, 2008
I say this not trying to be a jerk, because I grew up rooting for the Orioles (now a Nats fan...), but the saddest thing about this is that it took place when a Yankees-Orioles game or series still mattered... when the Orioles mattered. Seeing the vets the Orioles had like Jimmy Key and BJ Surhoff and Palmeiro and Brady and Ripken - even though they never won anything they at least went to the playoffs in 96 and 97. Today's crew is a pretty far cry from them...

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
markakis8 said:
Going through the brawls on MLB.com...Chris Carpenter was the main culprit in three of them. Looks like someone has anger issues.

What do you expect from a former hockey player?

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
markakis8 said:
This might be one time I was rooting for the Yankees. Armando Benetiz was a clown. I remember watching this and thinking what if someone gets hurt b/c of this - especially one who has a streak!

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?conte ... 5&c_id=mlb
I remember thinking at the time that Straw earned his pinstripes with that out of nowhere shot to the dome. Oh, and Graeme Freaking Lloyd, if you need him.

The fight I wanted was Clemens v. Piazza after the bat toss.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Izzy Alcantara karate kicking the catcher was probably the greatest thing in baseball history

Personally, my favorite was Gaby Sanchez clotheslining Nyjer Morgan, because seriously...F that *********

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
Chris Carpenter is a d-bag. Every 5th day it's something new with him, whether it's with an opposing player he takes exception to or his own teammates. Baseball will be better off when he's retired.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
I remember one several years ago when a player from the minor league team from Brooklyn got into a huge brawl. Seems like the batter donkey kicked the catcher and then tore off after the pitcher or something like that.

Also the Cardinal brawl of 2 years ago was good. Another of my most memorables fights was a basketball fight though, it was Ralph Sampson (7'4") against a small 6' guard from the Boston Celtics in the 1985 or 86 NBA Finals.

However the best brawl that I've ever seen was the infamous Florida International/Miami brawl from 5 years ago. This won't ever be beat IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... jWWC_ozN7E

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
sigma_chi said:
I remember one several years ago when a player from the minor league team from Brooklyn got into a huge brawl. Seems like the batter donkey kicked the catcher and then tore off after the pitcher or something like that.

Also the Cardinal brawl of 2 years ago was good. Another of my most memorables fights was a basketball fight though, it was Ralph Sampson (7'4") against a small 6' guard from the Boston Celtics in the 1985 or 86 NBA Finals.

However the best brawl that I've ever seen was the infamous Florida International/Miami brawl from 5 years ago. This won't ever be beat IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... jWWC_ozN7E

Well if we are venturing into other sports, I'm sure the Pistons-Pacers brawl takes the cake by a wide margin. That was just ugly.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I forget the teams, but the one where Johnny Cueto was kicking off the back-stop was pretty great for all the wrong reasons.

Coco Crisp vs. James Shields is one of my favorites. Oh how i wish Shields would have connected!

But Ryan/Ventura is where the arguement stops.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
hive17 said:
I forget the teams, but the one where Johnny Cueto was kicking off the back-stop was pretty great for all the wrong reasons.

Coco Crisp vs. James Shields is one of my favorites. Oh how i wish Shields would have connected!

But Ryan/Ventura is where the arguement stops.

Cards- Reds?

I saw one where the Twins Bullpen was in a spitting contest and the umps told them to quit, and LaTroy Hawkins didn't like it so he decided to manhandle the umps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts