Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Method For Searching Old eBay Sales (over 60 days)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alwayson22

Dec 6, 2010
San Jose, CA
I don't know how many of the fellow board members here use this method, but I have found it very helpful in finding old eBay sales of Justin Duchscherer cards. I have been able to track down buyers of Duchscherer cards dating back as far as 2008.

I recently did a search for a friend of mine (Erik - keysersoze on FCB) for a Clayton Kershaw 2009 A&G GInter N43 Auto, and he was able to contact the buyer and purchase the card off eBay.

Here is the link to my thread on Blowout ...
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/base ... hases.html

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
You're awesome, Mike! Thanks for sharing your trade secrets

Proof that his system works:

KershawN43AU.jpg

alwayson22

Dec 6, 2010
San Jose, CA
Keyser Soze said:
You're awesome, Mike! Thanks for sharing your trade secrets

Proof that his system works:

KershawN43AU.jpg

That card is a beauty, Erik! It was awesome that you were able to strike a deal with the buyer so quickly, too.

ChasHawk said:
Cool search technique, but as a player collector, I think I'd be annoyed if random people started messaging me asking me to sell my cards... :lol:

I can see that ;) When I send the buyer a message, it's usually along the lines of: "I saw that you purchased [card] back on [date]. Do you still have that card? If so, is it available for sale? Thanks." I have been declined only once, and I just thanked the individual for taking the time to respond and left it alone. Hopefully, that's not too intrusive.

nerdherd020

Feb 9, 2011
California
Gave it a shot last night and when I woke up this morning I had three responses waiting for me in my inbox. Pleasantly surprised! One person even took the time to respond saying he didn't have the card anymore. I'm working on deals for the others.

Thanks for the tip. In the early 00's I used to print out the entire auction page of auctions I had lost so that I could contact the winning bidder later on. Back then the name of the winning bidder was displayed on main page so I never had to do all this research.

Thanks again for the tip!

alwayson22

Dec 6, 2010
San Jose, CA
nerdherd020 said:
Gave it a shot last night and when I woke up this morning I had three responses waiting for me in my inbox. Pleasantly surprised! One person even took the time to respond saying he didn't have the card anymore. I'm working on deals for the others.

Thanks for the tip. In the early 00's I used to print out the entire auction page of auctions I had lost so that I could contact the winning bidder later on. Back then the name of the winning bidder was displayed on main page so I never had to do all this research.

Thanks again for the tip!

You're welcome! The search method seems to work best for cards that were sold from 2009-present. For me, it's been hit or miss on Worthpoint listings of sales pre-2009.

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
Thanks for the tip.

I have a couple of auctions from 2008 that I'm interested in, however the language in the description is too generic to yield any references as to which ebay seller originally sold the item.

Would a search engine like Terapeak contain seller information for auctions that far back?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts