Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1997 Donruss preferred Tins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktho540

Feb 9, 2012
Not sure if these are very collectible,but thought I would post them....and look for comments

IMG_0099.jpg

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I thought this was a cool idea and was well thought out with the multi-colored tins (blue, gold, silver). I also like the boxes having each of the players on the cover. How many 'collectible' boxes are out there in the market today?

Dec 10, 2008
Fandruw25 said:
I thought this was a cool idea and was well thought out with the multi-colored tins (blue, gold, silver). I also like the boxes having each of the players on the cover. How many 'collectible' boxes are out there in the market today?

Paid pretty hefty for this last year, but it was the only one I had seen still sealed.

1997-Donruss-Preferred-Gold-Tin-Box.jpg

I still need the regular Blue Tin Box sealed, and the Fanfest for the '97's. I missed the Fanfest on eBay by a second. Actually had the auction open and clicked the BIN at a low (IMO) $50. Someone got it right before me. I probably would have gone $120ish for it too. :(

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Mark McGwire Museum said:
Fandruw25 said:

Paid pretty hefty for this last year, but it was the only one I had seen still sealed.

I still need the regular Blue Tin Box sealed, and the Fanfest for the '97's. I missed the Fanfest on eBay by a second. Actually had the auction open and clicked the BIN at a low (IMO) $50. Someone got it right before me. I probably would have gone $120ish for it too. :(

Very nice! I've never seen the fanfest of the gold box but I'd pay a very pretty penny if i could find one.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
justinmandawg said:
masonphillip said:
Pretty sure the golds were like one per larger tin?

Correct.

The dollar store by target on 119th had a bunch of them for a buck a while back. Didn't have any cash, so I passed. Kicking self in butt.

I would have appreciated a text...

ktho540

Feb 9, 2012
Had I looked at ebay before posting this,i would have seen,these go pretty cheap!....Theyre still interesting though..the only minus is that they take up a lot of room!

ktho540

Feb 9, 2012
The dollar store by target on 119th had a bunch of them for a buck a while back. Didn't have any cash, so I passed. Kicking self in butt.

Speaking of kicking yourself in the butt,In 1998 or thereabouts there used to be a place in Bridgeville Pa called Book Country and they sold a lot of oddball collectibles along with their used books.Such as raggedy ann and andy cartoon cels and other weird stuff,which they must have gotten for cheap somewhere.Anyway,I went in there on my lunch break one day and they had about 20 Nolan Ryan Autographed balls and about the same amount of signed plaques which they were selling for 5.00...These autos looked real to me,but since they were only 5.00,I figured they must be facsimile balls,and only bought 2...when I got home that night,I found a COA from Treat,stating that the auto was authentic in each ball box...Needless to say I went back there there that night...But someone had beaten me to the rest of the autos...At least I did get 2 balls!!!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I have both the blue and gold pack from 1997 and the gold box (complements of cbrandtw, which I am still indebted to) but still need the blue box and fanfest pack/tin as well. I didn't even know there was a sample?! Otherwise, the only items I think have value are the blue or gold boxes and the fanfest tins considering a lot of people need their guy

Members online

Latest posts