Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about black baseballs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
What pen is best for Rawlings Black OMLB? Haven't done these before, but thinking of trying a couple this year.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
Go w/ deco gold paint pen, goes very well w/ the gold stitching.
The issues are when they are signed in silver sharpie, those tend to fade over time and not look all that great.

My paint pen signed balls are still as bold and bright as day 1 and its been several yrs now.

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
Bosox3 said:
Go w/ deco gold paint pen, goes very well w/ the gold stitching.
The issues are when they are signed in silver sharpie, those tend to fade over time and not look all that great.

My paint pen signed balls are still as bold and bright as day 1 and its been several yrs now.

Thanks to everyone for the responses. Thank you especially Bosox3 - this is what I was looking for (sharpie vs. paint pen results). Cool to hear the paint pens hold up and stay bold.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I've actually heard that the gold paint will fade right off the damn ball. A lot of dealers around here were getting those things signed in mass quantity of people like Bagwell and Berkman and now they have a bunch of useless stock. In fact I could have sworn it was mentioned here on the boards too. Which is why I went around asking about it. I'd never use the sharpie on a ball and silver just kills the color scheme so...well let me put it this way, now that I think about it, I haven't seen not one person getting one signed in the last three years at any signing I've been to nor have I even seen anyone trying to move any around here. Which is saying something because those things were a hot item.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
It may depend on the brand of paint pen. I have a bunch of mine still as bright as day 1.
No fading or bleeding.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Bosox3 said:
It may depend on the brand of paint pen. I have a bunch of mine still as bright as day 1.
No fading or bleeding.

Probably. I might ask around about it. All I know is I heard the horror stories and I am happy I din't get any signed. It'd be my luck.

Members online

Latest posts