Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jason Varitek to Retire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

/10

Aug 1, 2011
There have been several captainless periods for the Sox. Probably Bobby V will wear it (heh).

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR said:
Jedi500 said:
Hes retiring because he finally got his dick out of miggys ass

:shock: classic :shock:

figured it would be you or hofmichael. anyways yes his dick is out of my ass now.

red sox should retire the captain symbol. has not worked well for them these past few years

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Hope Tek stays with the Red Sox in some capacity. I dont think the C gets bestowed on anyone this season but if it does, I cant imagine it wouldnt be Pedroia.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
miguelcabrera said:
agreed dan pedroia and aceves were the only ones who did anything last year

I vote Marco Scutaro, he was the Sox best player in September. Who cares if he's a Rockie now.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
I'd prefer if no one got it, but if that doesn't happen, I'd rather see Pedroia with it.

FrostyCollects

Sep 28, 2011
Michigan
I think Youkilis should be the captain...he kind of looks like a pirate captain if you add an eyepatch...ARR!!

I have a nice '97 Best Premium Preview /200 of him (pre-majors) that I'll post when someone foolish starts a show-your-cards thread as a tribute to him. :?

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
Youkilis would be a great captain, if only he could stay healthy. He's missed over 100 games the last two seasons combined.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
miguelcabrera said:
scutaro is the mvp of the sox 2012 team for finally leaving. not the mvp of 2011
Good luck finding a better ss for a while. I dont get why so many people dont give the guy any credit. Hes a good all around ss and certainly a hell of a later better than anything the Sox are going to trot out there for a while.

oiccup41

Aug 27, 2010
Maine
elmalo said:
miguelcabrera said:
scutaro is the mvp of the sox 2012 team for finally leaving. not the mvp of 2011
Good luck finding a better ss for a while. I dont get why so many people dont give the guy any credit. Hes a good all around ss and certainly a hell of a later better than anything the Sox are going to trot out there for a while.

...and his contract was only 6 million this year

Members online

Latest posts