Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Coming changes for eBay sellers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation ... e2012.html

highlights include:

* Free pictures - up to 12 BUT
* Pictures are now required on all listings and must be at least 500px on the longest side.
* Get an automatic 5-star communication rating for transactions where you offer same-day or 1-day handling time, upload tracking information by the end of the next business day, and there is no communication between you and the buyer.
* Feedback for unpaid items: Feedback left by a buyer with an unpaid item recorded for the transaction will be automatically removed from your record.

Starting in June, Top-rated sellers will need to have tracking information uploaded to eBay within their stated handling time on 90% or more of their transactions with US buyers. As of June 1, the 20% final value fee discount and greatest average boost in Best Match will go to those listings from Top-rated sellers that include 1-day handling and a minimum 14-day return policy with a money-back refund option. Your listings without these two services will still have the Top-rated seller badge and some boost in Best Match but will not earn the discounts or the highest average boost in Best Match.

You already upload tracking information, so you're on track to keep your Top-rated status. To keep the maximum benefits, add the combination of 1-day handling and a minimum 14-day return policy with a money-back refund option to as many of your listings as possible.

As an extra reward for adding these in-demand services now, from March 1 to May 31, you'll get a bonus 5% discount off your final value fees—along with your current 20% discount—for all listings with 1-day handling and 14-day or longer returns with a money-back option. Act now to take full advantage of this bonus discount!

ALSO:

Final value fee update for high-value Auction-style listings: Starting May 1, the maximum standard final value fee for Auction-style listings will increase to $250. This will only impact fees on transactions $1,111 and above, and only applies to sellers who do not have an eBay Stores subscription

here is FVF as of today

Auction-style listings: The final value fee is based on a percentage of the item's total cost to the buyer (less any sales tax). The maximum final value fee for auction-style listings is $100.00. For example, if you sell an item for $1,500.00 and charge $10.00 for shipping, you'll pay only $100.00, even though 9% of $1,510.00 is $135.90. This maximum final value fee does not apply to Stores subscribers.

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
Mahoody said:

As an extra reward for adding these in-demand services now, from March 1 to May 31, you'll get a bonus 5% discount off your final value fees—along with your current 20% discount—for all listings with 1-day handling and 14-day or longer returns with a money-back option. Act now to take full advantage of this bonus discount!

well that sucks. Is getting an ebay store worth it?

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
Mahoody said:
As of June 1, the 20% final value fee discount and greatest average boost in Best Match will go to those listings from Top-rated sellers that include 1-day handling and a minimum 14-day return policy with a money-back refund option. Your listings without these two services will still have the Top-rated seller badge and some boost in Best Match but will not earn the discounts or the highest average boost in Best Match.

No returns accepted = no seller discount? BOOOOO.

Or, I can accept returns and get a whole bunch of people returning cards that were hot 2 weeks ago and has since cooled off. :evil:

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
chromerookies said:
Mahoody said:

well that sucks. Is getting an ebay store worth it?

That's actually the only good thing I noticed. Perfect for Spring Training.

A_Pharis

cmnkb8 said:
Mahoody said:
As of June 1, the 20% final value fee discount and greatest average boost in Best Match will go to those listings from Top-rated sellers that include 1-day handling and a minimum 14-day return policy with a money-back refund option. Your listings without these two services will still have the Top-rated seller badge and some boost in Best Match but will not earn the discounts or the highest average boost in Best Match.

Or, I can accept returns and get a whole bunch of people returning cards that were hot 2 weeks ago and has since cooled off. :evil:

I don't think these changes were made with card sellers in mind - exclusively.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
I'm starting to think ebay contacts their worst buyers and asks them for ways to further screw sellers.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
cmnkb8 said:
Mahoody said:

a buyer they can return anything they want just because a seller says no returns doesnt mean the buyer cant return the item.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
jcmint said:
cmnkb8 said:
Mahoody said:

a buyer they can return anything they want just because a seller says no returns doesnt mean the buyer cant return the item.

And they can claim item not as described and almost always win a claim anyways. All this does is give them a more "legal" way to return items. Ebay is basically asking people to do deals offline. They make it more difficult to get the FVF discount, make it easier for buyers to return things, and make the FVF maximum 250% more.

bowmanchromeandorr

May 23, 2010
Race City USA
A_Pharis said:
cmnkb8 said:
Mahoody said:

I don't think these changes were made with card sellers in mind - exclusively.

they couldnt give two craps about the card sellers/buyers, its a very small part of their percentages, despite popular opinion around here

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
CollectorsCorner said:
How does one change there handling time?

I'd like to know this as well. I would have 6,000 auctions to change. If I can do it in bulk that would be great.

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
markakis8 said:
CollectorsCorner said:

I'd like to know this as well. I would have 6,000 auctions to change. If I can do it in bulk that would be great.

Take these steps if you have selling manager pro:

1) Click 'active listings'
2) Click edit. When you do, mine allows editing 500 at once. Select 1-500.
3) Wait a fortnight for the application to launch.
4) Hit the check all box and at the top, select edit-return policy.
5) Change it to the desired method.
6) Click save.
7) Wait another fortnight.
8) Click finish.
9) Wait again.
10) Go back to step 1 and when you get to step 2, select 501-1000 and repeat until you have them all.

I hope that helps!

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
seahawks4ever said:
markakis8 said:
CollectorsCorner said:

Take these steps if you have selling manager pro:

1) Click 'active listings'
2) Click edit. When you do, mine allows editing 500 at once. Select 1-500.
3) Wait a fortnight for the application to launch.
4) Hit the check all box and at the top, select edit-return policy.
5) Change it to the desired method.
6) Click save.
7) Wait another fortnight.
8) Click finish.
9) Wait again.
10) Go back to step 1 and when you get to step 2, select 501-1000 and repeat until you have them all.

I hope that helps!

Will try it out. Thank you very much for typing that all out.

Members online

Latest posts