Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Needed] Capsule to hold stadium dirt.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A_Pharis

Got some Fenway dirt from the Red Sox fan pack, and I want to display it in a frame with an 8x10 of Fenway. It came in a little baggie, and I'd really like to find a plastic/acrylic circular capsule to put it in to mount it in the frame.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Maybe one of those plastic gemstone holders?

Or, depending on how much dirt you have, maybe a silver dollar snap case?

A_Pharis

JoshHamilton said:

I was thinking a silver dollar snap case, but some of the chunks of dirt are pretty thick, about the size of a pea. I wanted to leave it as unbroken as possible. Thanks for the suggestion, though - I'd "Thank" you if I could.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Round%20Holders.JPG

This, in case you don't know what I'm talking about

The ones I have are about 1/2-3/4" thick

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
JoshHamilton said:

+1 on the silver dollar case.

I have a set of WS Champ coins from the Sox (about silver dollar sized) in a wood case and it includes a plastic coin case of dirt (much better than the dirt bag the OP has) and it looks great. It was a set given out by the MA lottery a few years ago.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
8x10 matted, with two circular holes cut into the matte at the bottom of the photo with a plaque between them

_________
| |
| photo |
|________|
O -plaque- O

Something like that. Horrible "artist" rendition there

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Pinbreaker said:
Make a custom card..

I pulled this recently...

lewis-clark.jpg

I pulled one recently too and it's pretty lame. The plastic baggie is probably going to break someday and you'll lose the genuine "earth".

I think Topps would have done better to use a dime or penny capsule for the genuine earth and then embed it in the card.

I definitely like the idea of a coin capsule for the OP and then embedding that into a memorabilia display.

Members online

Latest posts