Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 Topps Alex Gordon Full Card -- what gives?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
I was thinking about picking one of these up, one's listed right now on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-ALEX-G...=160734315359&ps=63&clkid=6726848705113604924

I'm just a little wary of this. The card looks fine but I looked at completed auctions and they were all by this same seller (with the same picture). I thought maybe he didn't get paid but then looked at his feedback -- and while I didn't notice feedback by those buyers I did notice feedback going all the way back to 2009 for 37 separate auctions of this same card!!

Did this guy hit the motherlode and actually have the sense to just piece them out 1 a month and not kill the values? Are there any known counterfeits out there? I'm just wondering how this guy happened to get 40-50 of these (or more). If they are legit apparently this card is nowhere near as rare as first thought.

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
All my assumption-

$5 says it's all about who you know.

Topps had sheets printed. Then cut/packed out. Error noticed and sheets still sitting uncut. Instead of wasting the sheet they cut them and had someone cull them out. As they did in 1989 Fleer when there were boxes (notably for K-Mart) with no version at all. Employee saw an opportunity and swiped some. Backdoor was open one day....

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I remember buying the cut out card for like 20 bucks on e-bay and now i see one just sold for 80 some bucks. WOW still worth something.

Members online