Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Funny Looking Serial Number on Gold Refractor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jhk

Sep 19, 2009
North Kakalaki
Is it me or does the serial number on this card look funny? I have several serial numbered cards from this set and they don't look similar at all. He/she is also selling another gold refractor from the same year and it doesn't look anything like it as well. Just wanted to see if anyone else had an opinion. I know there were a lot of refractors from this particular year that was backdoored and sold blank. Wondering if something fishy is going on here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Bowman-Chr ... 665wt_1104

zbdub808

Nov 12, 2010
This is probably one of the backdoored 06 Chromes that werent stamped, I had a Matt cain one a while back

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Was probably one of the unnumbered backdoored gold refractors and they punched in the number4 themselves since it looks nothing like the authentic stamp.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Does not seem to fishy to me. Back in 2006 I pulled a Nick Adenhart gold refractor from retail and the serial number on the back look almost like that. Let me see if I have a scan of the one I pulled.

Crap I don't have a scan of the back, but I remember it looking some what like that card though. I'll look and see if I have the card still, but I think I sold everything of his though.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
Check out the completed listings. This is the same ID that sold all of the suspicious printing plates that just happened to be the same color.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
gradedeflator said:
can someone post a scan of what the "authentic" stamping should look like?

P_Manning 18 said:
Yep.

Not even close to the real thing.

Something like this.

$(KGrHqZHJEwE88eJ2ugsBPUtugj22!~~60_3.JPG

For comparison...

$(KGrHqZHJE4E88eUTI5LBPUb4HCfl!~~60_12.JPG

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Same seller that sells the plates with questionable authenticity. It's pretty obvious they are shady in some way.

Members online