Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Santa Claus came to COMC yesterday - 90's cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Apparently there were some real steals on COMC yesterday including one new seller in particular setting very low prices on rare 90's stuff. I wanted to see if anyone else in here picked up some of these treasures... in case I'm interested or any of our player collectors.

Here's what I've heard about so far:

98 Tek Diffractor Jeff Bagwell - $6
98 Ultra Platinum John Olerud - $2
98 Essential Credentials Caminiti /43 - $5
98 Precious Metal Gems Jim Thome - $5
99 Stadium Club One of a Kind Juan Gonzalez /150 - $1

and a football find
99 Mystique Star Power Emmitt Smith /100 - $14

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
RustyGreerFan said:
Apparently there were some real steals on COMC yesterday including one new seller in particular setting very low prices on rare 90's stuff. I wanted to see if anyone else in here picked up some of these treasures... in case I'm interested or any of our player collectors.

Here's what I've heard about so far:

98 Tek Diffractor Jeff Bagwell - $6
98 Ultra Platinum John Olerud - $2
98 Essential Credentials Caminiti /43 - $5
98 Precious Metal Gems Jim Thome - $5
99 Stadium Club One of a Kind Juan Gonzalez /150 - $1

and a football find
99 Mystique Star Power Emmitt Smith /100 - $14

Are you f-ing serious???? I don't even think 'steal' covers that one.

I need to spend more time monitoring COMC instead of doing useless stuff like work! :lol:

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
Brewer Andy said:
ChasHawk said:
Not really like ebay though, where you can just hit newly listed, is it?

Yep, you can sort your search by "Recently Added"
The search function is 100,000x better than eBay's. I have mine bookmarked at Recently Added, Baseball. If I want, I can narrow it down further by clicking 1990s on the left side, or I'll type in my PC guys' names in the box on the right. Or both!

Feb 9, 2012
Ghumbs said:
Brewer Andy said:
ChasHawk said:

The search function is 100,000x better than eBay's. I have mine bookmarked at Recently Added, Baseball. If I want, I can narrow it down further by clicking 1990s on the left side, or I'll type in my PC guys' names in the box on the right. Or both!
Not even better than ebay until they let you search with multiple players at once or by team, or made it much easier to search by serial number.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Maroon and Gold said:
Ghumbs said:
[quote="Brewer Andy":110x4u3d]
ChasHawk said:

Not even better than ebay until they let you search with multiple players at once or by team, or made it much easier to search by serial number.[/quote:110x4u3d]

Ding Ding Ding!

It sucks typing in 16 different player name only to find out that no new cards have been listed. For eBay I have one search that finds every PC card that is on eBay.

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
vwnut13 said:
Maroon and Gold said:
Ghumbs said:
[quote="Brewer Andy":3fr94v6g]
ChasHawk said:

Not even better than ebay until they let you search with multiple players at once or by team, or made it much easier to search by serial number.

Ding Ding Ding!

It sucks typing in 16 different player name only to find out that no new cards have been listed. For eBay I have one search that finds every PC card that is on eBay.[/quote:3fr94v6g]
I'll agree with this. Seems like a simple fix, too.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Ghumbs said:
vwnut13 said:
Maroon and Gold said:
Ghumbs said:
[quote="Brewer Andy":3ean6ogn]
ChasHawk said:

Ding Ding Ding!

It sucks typing in 16 different player name only to find out that no new cards have been listed. For eBay I have one search that finds every PC card that is on eBay.
I'll agree with this. Seems like a simple fix, too.[/quote:3ean6ogn]
This was my point. You have to search for something, whereas on ebay, you can just leave the search box empty.

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
ChasHawk said:
Ghumbs said:
vwnut13 said:
Maroon and Gold said:
Ghumbs said:
[quote="Brewer Andy":kuvx94ko][quote="ChasHawk":kuvx94ko]Not really like ebay though, where you can just hit newly listed, is it?

Ding Ding Ding!

I'll agree with this. Seems like a simple fix, too.[/quote:kuvx94ko]
This was my point. You have to search for something, whereas on ebay, you can just leave the search box empty.[/quote:kuvx94ko]
Oh, I know. I was agreeing with both of you. You both teamed up with the same opinion and I got scared.

FLOUR

Jan 20, 2009
I was checking out the PMGs just a few days ago and the cheapest ones were like $15. Someone wanted a $100 for freaking Bryant Reeves. Maybe I checked the cards out a couple days too early:(

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
ChasHawk said:
Ghumbs said:
vwnut13 said:
Maroon and Gold said:
Ghumbs said:
[quote="Brewer Andy":375jynsg][quote="ChasHawk":375jynsg]Not really like ebay though, where you can just hit newly listed, is it?

Ding Ding Ding!

I'll agree with this. Seems like a simple fix, too.[/quote:375jynsg]
This was my point. You have to search for something, whereas on ebay, you can just leave the search box empty.[/quote:375jynsg]

Not true. You can leave the search box empty on COMC and hit 'newly listed' to see everything in order of newest listed.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
cartersprings said:
ChasHawk said:
Ghumbs said:
vwnut13 said:
Maroon and Gold said:
[quote="Ghumbs":3hmvn3hr][quote="Brewer Andy":3hmvn3hr][quote="ChasHawk":3hmvn3hr]Not really like ebay though, where you can just hit newly listed, is it?

Ding Ding Ding!

I'll agree with this. Seems like a simple fix, too.[/quote:3hmvn3hr]
This was my point. You have to search for something, whereas on ebay, you can just leave the search box empty.[/quote:3hmvn3hr]

Not true. You can leave the search box empty on COMC and hit 'newly listed' to see everything in order of newest listed.[/quote:3hmvn3hr]
Ok cool, I'll give it a shot.

Members online