Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Topps Finest look

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Surprised no one posted this yet. Finest is by far my favorite set. And it looks like the design is going to battle 2009 for best look in the past decade or so.

Topps is really bringing back the die-cut this year.

Face of the Franchise and Finest Moments inserts look sweet.

Auto_Pujols.png

http://www.beckett.com/news/2012/03/fir ... -baseball/

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
I like the look to the set this year, but really, a Sergio Santos RC? I have his Gold Refractor RC from 10 YEARS AGO. I know it doesn't really matter, but these RC rules are silly.

EDIT: Just noticed i was looking at the 2011 checklist, whoops. Still, 9 years later is ridiculous for a RC.

But on topic, seriously enjoying the look of the die cuts this year, and that Cabrera/Fielder/Verlander auto looks amazing.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I love this set every year. For Upton I saw both the super and canary from 2011 but really have no chance at getting them. Maybe I'll fair better in 2012.

saferseas

Mar 9, 2010
Portland, OR
nkdbacks said:
I like the look to the set this year, but really, a Sergio Santos RC? I have his Gold Refractor RC from 10 YEARS AGO. I know it doesn't really matter, but these RC rules are silly.

EDIT: Just noticed i was looking at the 2011 checklist, whoops. Still, 9 years later is ridiculous for a RC.

But on topic, seriously enjoying the look of the die cuts this year, and that Cabrera/Fielder/Verlander auto looks amazing.

I'm not sure why people are still confused by this.

Just because a player is drafted in 2002 and gets a prospect card, doesn't mean he doesn't get a "rookie card" when he finally makes it to the big leagues as a true rookie.

First Bowman Prospect card.....and then a RC logo card when they actually make it to the majors and fulfill the eligibility requirements.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
I think Topps just messed up on the mock-ups; the base Finest Troy Tulowitzki has a RC logo...

saferseas said:
nkdbacks said:

I'm not sure why people are still confused by this.

Just because a player is drafted in 2002 and gets a prospect card, doesn't mean he doesn't get a "rookie card" when he finally makes it to the big leagues as a true rookie.

First Bowman Prospect card.....and then a RC logo card when they actually make it to the majors and fulfill the eligibility requirements.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
PeteD said:
First Darvish auto? Should drive the product.

woot! another Lawrie auto.
Not even close to first Darvish auto.

Doesn't come out till August 8th...which is hella late for Finest.

There will be several Darvish cards/autos before then.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
ChasHawk said:
PeteD said:

Look no further than Topps Tribute, set to release Friday.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
rico08 said:
ChasHawk said:
PeteD said:

Except that card won't be in-hand till August of 2013... :lol:

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
ChasHawk said:
rico08 said:
ChasHawk said:
PeteD said:

Excepth that card won't be in-hand till August of 2013... :lol:

Unfortunately, people seem more concerned about whether the card will have a red boarder or a green boarder. Or etching.

Members online

Latest posts