Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do any of you have insurance on a card/s or your collection?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Someone asked me the other day if I have my Albert Belle collection insured and I said no but it did get me thinking about the idea.

Do any of you have a single card, group of cards, player collection or your entire collection insured?! I would be interested to hear some opinions and takes on the idea. Anything would be great to hear.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
I was in the process of adding it to the homeowners insurance bill, but they wanted way to specific details to get full coverage. Almost have to individually go through 1 by 1 and declare a reasonable value. I started doing it, but it turned into too much work. I'm not sure how it has worked for others, but I gave up on it.

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
I use Collectibles Insurance Services out of Baltimore.

It isn't necessarily cheap depending on the size of your collection but it was much cheaper than adding it to my homeowner's insurance. State Farm even told me they couldn't insure it cost effectively. And the application is very reasonable.

It may not be cheap, but I would lose sleep without it.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I was told it was covered under my homeowners seeing as how everything is listed specifically and given a "value" due to becketts organize function. not sure the entire 25k would be covered if it was lost... now you have me thinking as well :?

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I don't think it will be covered by home owners insurance unless you take out a specific rider for it, similar to wedding rings. I have no idea on the cost though. I've been meaning to do it.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
WoundedDuck said:
I don't think it will be covered by home owners insurance unless you take out a specific rider for it, similar to wedding rings. I have no idea on the cost though. I've been meaning to do it.
This

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
I would be very surprised if homeowner's covered a collection.

If you go to website for the company I referenced and download their application, I'm pretty sure the rates are stated on there. They used to be anyway.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
http://www.collectinsure.com/

I have a $75,000 policy with theses guys. Very reasonable premiums in my opinion. I pay $435/yr. Easy application. I actually need more coverage, but don't want to mess with it.

Your homeowner's policy will likely not cover it unless you have a specific rider on your policy for the collection and like others said it has to be pretty well documented with a list, photos and values, etc.

sunojorel

Oct 5, 2010
GAP, PA
I had allstate renters insurance at the time (years ago) and had about 3k worth of cards stolen from my car. Luckily my plan covered $2k of it without a rider but I'd be shocked if a homeowners plan/renters plan covered much more than that w/o a rider.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Not insured but I probably should be. Got quotes and I'd be looking at $125-$175 a year for about $20K ins. ( Thanks Andruw for sucking :lol: )

Members online