Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Peyton...outsider looking in...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 23, 2011
SAN DIEGO, CA
as a Vikings Fan I hope he goes to HOU, TEN, or JAX and sticks to Andrew Luck twice a year...that owner is scum...

Colts will be garbage especially if wayne and garcon walk...and freeney? please...

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Irsay is far from scum.
Look at what this guy does for the community of Indy.
You obviously did not watch the press conference yesterday.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
You can't possibly be serious.

How is the owner scum? Because they released an aging QB who just had 4 surgeries in 1 year and was due a $28,000,000 bonus???

NO TEAM is willing to pay that kind of money to a player like that unless they are desperate for a QB.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I actually think that Irsay believes that Manning can play, and play at a high level. What I also think is that after the Colts vomited a 2-14 record, clearly there are much greater issues than simply QB. Looking ahead at his franchise and Manning, he is doing the best for his franchise AND for Manning.

The Colts can lock in someone who they believe is their long-term future at QB, and fill in some serious gaps to start the rebuild for the same money Manning would lay out.

Manning has the opportunity to go wherever he sees his best fit to continue his career, bulk up his stats and maybe have another chance or two are the Super Bowl. The Colts are at least 3 years from the Super Bowl and by that time, Manning will be done probably.

Manning isn't a loser and Irsay knows it. Which certainly is why Irsay didn't waste any time talking about restructuring Manning's deal. It's not about the money, it's about both parties moving forward.

The entire situation screams respect from both sides.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I am pretty sure Peyton is pretty PO'd about losing that money and his level of respect for Irsay is pretty low right now. Living in Indy people here have lost their minds for a bit as Peyton is the only real superstar this town has known.

With the new rookie salary cap in effect I think that made the decision for Irsay, he knows it will take more than just a QB to fix the mess that Polian let it slip too in that last season.

I think they keep Freeney but in reality Wayne isn't what he used to be and Garcon is very inconsistent. I think they go after a Colston and draft another WR and get their DL and OL in shape.

The only other thing the Colts could have done is trade the #1 pick and move down for Blackmon and gear up for another run with Peyton. Irsay obviously didn't think that the team was good enough to do this and it would still be a dumpster fire in 2 to 3 years later once Peyton retired.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I want him to go to Jacksonville, but I don't know if that new owner will make a move like that. Just imagine if they signed Peyton and Wayne, and maybe even looked at Garcon. Add those guys to MJD in the backfield, and you've got an instant contender (an offensive contender, as we've seen with some other teams recently). Plus, those three guys makes it easy to install a new offense, and it gives Gabbert time to re-learn how to play football since he clearly forgot during the period between NCAA and NFL.

Plus, Peyton gets to face Indy twice. Though there's no bad blood, with Peyton being a fierce competitor, he has to want to show the Colts what he's still got.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
200lbhockeyplayer said:
I actually think that Irsay believes that Manning can play, and play at a high level. What I also think is that after the Colts vomited a 2-14 record, clearly there are much greater issues than simply QB. Looking ahead at his franchise and Manning, he is doing the best for his franchise AND for Manning.

The Colts can lock in someone who they believe is their long-term future at QB, and fill in some serious gaps to start the rebuild for the same money Manning would lay out.

Manning has the opportunity to go wherever he sees his best fit to continue his career, bulk up his stats and maybe have another chance or two are the Super Bowl. The Colts are at least 3 years from the Super Bowl and by that time, Manning will be done probably.

Manning isn't a loser and Irsay knows it. Which certainly is why Irsay didn't waste any time talking about restructuring Manning's deal. It's not about the money, it's about both parties moving forward.

The entire situation screams respect from both sides.
I'd thank this post, but I can't anymore. This was the best thing for the Colts and for Peyton. I wish Peyton the best and hope he succeeds wherever he goes.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
I agree with many in the thread......the move to me seems like a necessity.
Had Manning come back at the end of the year and proven he was close to 100% I think this may have been an entirely different scenario and they could have traded the pick and build around Manning for one more run the next 2-4 years......but the way things played out and the fact no one is still sure how healthy he is really forced their hand.

At least that's how I see it as a football fan with really no bias either way.

timfsu2k

Jul 8, 2009
Kentucky
I took it as an amicable split to be honest, and I'm a huge Manning fan. Saw something today on the ESPN scroll that made me laugh though, Irsay wants Freeney to restructure his contract and Freeney says no way so now they are looking to trade him. Fans thought this year was tough, next year will probably only be slightly better.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
UODucksbestcollector said:
Card Magnet said:
too bad JAX has no defense whatsoever...

The way I look at it, in today's game, who cares that you give up 30 a week when your offense puts up 40?

ummmm...the San Diego Chargers can argue that...oh and the Patriots...shall i continue?

Yes, please continue about the Patriots who made the Super Bowl with a high powered offense and little defense. They only did better than 30 other teams in the league. Pathetic.

Don't forget those Lions, with their first playoff appearance since 1932 (may be exaggerating the year a little). With their top ranking passing attack and bottom of the league defense, they won their division and pushed into the Wild Card.

Also add New Orleans to the list with their season that was ended prematurely in the Divisional Playoff round.

And to conclude, how about those New York (can't play) Football Giants? They were top 10 in passing yards, total yards, and avg points. Their defense ranked in at 25th in points allowed, 27th in yards allowed, 29th passing yards allowed, and 19th in rushing yards allowed. They really sucked it up last season. They should at least have a high draft pick from such a terrible season. We all had a great time laughing at them in February. What LOSERS!

So, yes, please, continue...

P.S. - Jacksonville ranked 11th in points allowed and 6th in yards allowed. Their "no defense" is actually pretty damn respectable. Perhaps they have too much defense to win with a good offense.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
maurice jones drew TOP 5 RB and if the defense was so good then why is the team constantly down in the dumps?

Gabbert / the passing game could not get it done. You don't win games by just running for more yards than the other guy.

Members online

Latest posts