Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I feel like I CRUSHED it with this draft...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
10 teams H2H

C - Joe Mauer
1B - Albert Pujols
2B - Ben Zobrist
SS - Hanley Ramirez (will move to 3B once he qualifies)
3B - Chipper Jones (will be a sub I'm sure, but he's insurance)
OF - Alex Gordon
OF - Nick Markakis
OF - Jayson Werth
UTIL - Jimmy Rollins (will move to SS once Hanley moves to 3B)
UTIL - David Ortiz

SP - Roy Halladay
SP - Felix Hernandez
SP - Michael Pineda
SP - Matt Moore
SP - Ricky Romero
RP - Craig Kimbrel
RP - Huston Street
RP - Matt Capps
RP - Jim Johnson
RP - Frankie Francisco

2B - Danny Espinosa
2B - Dustin Ackley
C - Wilson Ramos
1B - Justin Morneau

I feel my only weakness is the OF but it isn't bad at all. Plus Zobrist can play OF as well. I shouldn't have taken Espinosa with my last pick, I forgot I had Ackley already.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
markakis8 said:
HPC said:
keeper or yearly?

yearly, you know i've never tried a keeper league. I should try one of them this year.

Keepers are great!

I might try and trade one of your SP for an OF bat.

Youre weak there. Or possibly trade mauer for another catcher!

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
HPC said:
markakis8 said:
HPC said:
keeper or yearly?

yearly, you know i've never tried a keeper league. I should try one of them this year.

Keepers are great!

I might try and trade one of your SP for an OF bat.

Youre weak there. Or possibly trade mauer for another catcher!

Yeah I knew I was weak in the OF. I might try and trade a pitcher. But I like how dominant I will be in that area.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I offered up Felix, Chipper, and Espinosa for Brett Lawrie, Michael Cuddyer, and Daniel Hudson.

Obviously I feel like I'm ahead in that trade but hopefully the other guy feels the same way with the notion of getting Felix.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
markakis8 said:
I offered up Felix, Chipper, and Espinosa for Brett Lawrie, Michael Cuddyer, and Daniel Hudson.

Obviously I feel like I'm ahead in that trade but hopefully the other guy feels the same way with the notion of getting Felix.

I feel like you aren't getting enough back for Felix.

Banking on Lawrie to explode to make this worth your time could blow up BIG TIME in your face.

I would search out a better 3B (Beltre or Zimmerman would be my choice) and offer up Felix + Chipper for that 3B + a lesser SP.

Overall though, you have a solid team. Not a lot of speed, 3 reliable SP, 2 young guys who could go either way (I think Pineda gets wins in the teens, but his ERA and WHIP are bound to go up) and a decent amount of power.

Looking at it, I think I would hold off on trading Felix, unless you got an offer that gave you a true stud in the deal.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Anthony K. said:
markakis8 said:

I feel like you aren't getting enough back for Felix.

Banking on Lawrie to explode to make this worth your time could blow up BIG TIME in your face.

I would search out a better 3B (Beltre or Zimmerman would be my choice) and offer up Felix + Chipper for that 3B + a lesser SP.

Overall though, you have a solid team. Not a lot of speed, 3 reliable SP, 2 young guys who could go either way (I think Pineda gets wins in the teens, but his ERA and WHIP are bound to go up) and a decent amount of power.

Looking at it, I think I would hold off on trading Felix, unless you got an offer that gave you a true stud in the deal.

All valid points Anthony, but I feel confident enough in Lawrie's game to get me at least 20-20. Plus Hanley will be my 3B and Lawrie will be insurance. Plus I like Cuddyer's eligibility (1B, 2B, and OF) and playing in Colorado. Also, Hudson could be a 20 game winner this year.

This is all me banking on Felix not winning many games as usual b/c he plays for Seattle.

It's a gamble (I see it as a small one) I'm willing to take b/c of the team I already have.