Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ST Price Spikes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Who you got so far?

Starling Marte
Yu Darvish
Bryce Harper

Who else have you seen spikes in their cards due to ST performance?

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Isn't Harper hurt? Who gets hurt during spring training? Good thing playing the catching position doesn't take a toll
on the body!

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
Isn't Harper hurt? Who gets hurt during spring training? Good thing playing the catching position doesn't take a toll
on the body!

I usually joke about top prospects too but Harper is so big, he's like 50 matt laportas in his prime in one, joking about his cards dropping in value could get you chromified!

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
on the body!

He hasn't caught in two years and has only played outfield. So I'm curious what your point was? Are you just uniformed and trying to troll something that you know nothing about?

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
beefycheddar said:
schmidtfan20 said:
on the body!

He hasn't caught in two years and has only played outfield. So I'm curious what your point was? Are you just uniformed and trying to troll something that you know nothing about?
What's new!

Matt Harvey Slabs have been rising of late.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
Vinnie Catricala has shot up. You used to be able to buy his refractors for $1.99, now they're up to $7-$8 (that is un-autographed /799). His parallels are selling even higher.

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
beefycheddar said:
schmidtfan20 said:
on the body!

that's exactly what he is a troll. He knows damn good and well Harper was DRAFTED as an OF, and is has not played catcher in a while. If the player is not on the phillies, this guy talks crap about him. Wish he would just go away!

poppudaimadochi

Jul 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
Lawrie is showing up strong this spring, after a great callup last year; his chrome are/will definitely be on the rise

schmidtfan20 said:
on the body!

Somehow, I missed you and your ineptitude. Welcome back.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
jimmyjam1973 said:
beefycheddar said:
schmidtfan20 said:
on the body!

that's exactly what he is a troll. He knows damn good and well Harper was DRAFTED as an OF, and is has not played catcher in a while. If the player is not on the phillies, this guy talks crap about him. Wish he would just go away!

I think perhaps he's commenting on the fact that he was moved away from catcher to prevent injury, yet he's injured anyway?

Even if that was your point, of course you can get hurt anywhere, but position players definately have less run-ins with injurious situations than catchers do.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Will middlebrooks.

You know someones cards are hot when their minor league autos are selling for double digits...even ip cards.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
Rymer Liriano has been going up but a ton of autos got listed today so I imagine a small decline is in he near future.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
I noticed Trey Mcnutt Chrome Auto parallels have seen a little spike. Blues were around 15$ last week and one ending tonight is at 28$

And Golds were about 40-50$ there's one with 2 days left. It'll be interesting to see where it ends

Members online