Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Harper Signing Autos at ST (video)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
[youtube:3fc7h47f]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nD9AhnPTIM[/youtube:3fc7h47f]

I like how he gravitates to the kids and the senior with the stadium poster but ignored many of the adults! Looks like he's employing the "skip and sign" method!

His auto on those baseballs look very sloppy compared to ones for Topps and Onyx. Looks like he's rushing his sig this year...

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Messier2 said:
[youtube:6zjp2c86]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nD9AhnPTIM[/youtube:6zjp2c86]

I like how he gravitates to the kids and the senior with the stadium poster but ignored many of the adults! Looks like he's employing the "skip and sign" method!

His auto on those baseballs look very sloppy compared to ones for Topps and Onyx. Looks like he's rushing his sig this year...
I've been an autograph hound before(I'm 28 years old), and I am always happy when players sign for kids, even if they don't sign for me that day. The kids should always be the first priority for players to sign for if you ask me. If they get to me too, that is great-but at least make the day for the kids who are there. That is the kind of stuff that makes kids want to go to games, like baseball, etc. Adults should be mature enough to handle not getting Bryce's auto.

socalsignatures

Aug 28, 2008
A_Pharis said:
Good for him! He's not stupid. Of course, a good few of those kids are probably doing it for daddy... but at least Harper is showing some restraint in signing.

If he would just sign one per person and go down the line instead of skipping around and playing games it would be easier for everybody involved.

If Ripken can sign for 30-45 minutes before games and sign for kids and adults, there is no reason a kid like Harper can't.

tm decomposer

Aug 29, 2010
One time I gave a kid a Matt Diaz batting glove. Probably happier that day then I would have been with the glove.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Glad you put this video up, he's side paneling every baseball. Gives a me a great reason not to go after his sig this year. I was a big autograph hound, but i've decided to really really slow down this year. I might only get 5 or 6 ball signed all year. I tried to get Harper last year on a mini vacation in central PA, didn't get him because he skipped all the grownups. People were bitching, F harper and stuff like that, not me. I ended up getting Drew Pomeranz on the ball I was going to get Harper. Harper signed for a lot of people too, just not grownup men. I had much better luck with Anthony Rendon in Auburn who is a class act.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Kids are okay into they start pulling out the hot dogs wrappers to get sign or start bouncing OMLB's on the concrete. With kids,I usually have to pass out the correct writing utensils because players might run down the line.

Moms are way more difficult to deal with while graphing.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
I don't really try for autographs often, but the few times I tried when I was younger, all the parents with their kids always felt like they were entitled to go to the front of the line because they had a child with them.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Does anyone else cringe when they see sharpie ink on those cheap CHINA baseballs? In 2 years, no one would know who signed it! ::facepalm::

I've seen people with sharpies and baseballs at games and I always volunteer to give them my pen to use and let them know the harmful effects of sharpies on baseballs. lol Most of them were like...really? That's what happens?!

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Messier2 said:
Does anyone else cringe when they see sharpie ink on those cheap CHINA baseballs? In 2 years, no one would know who signed it! ::facepalm::

I've seen people with sharpies and baseballs at games and I always volunteer to give them my pen to use and let them know the harmful effects of sharpies on baseballs. lol Most of them were like...really? That's what happens?!

I cringe when people use china baseball in general. All ink fades badly on them, you may as well use a highlighter. The leather absorbs the ink.

Members online