Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

baseball cards from Nicaragua?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Does anyone here know any baseball fans/collectors in or from Nicaragua? It seems there was a set of cards issued for the 2006-07 Liga Nicaraguense de Beisbol Profesional season...perhaps two sets (one for the league, and a 36 card set just for Bóer). I've managed to track down images of cards (or possibly just mock-ups) for the following players:

Yosvany Almario
Evert Cabrera
Juan Figuroa
Duniesky Flores
Maikel Jova
Edgard Lopez
Miguel Perez
Kelly Ramos
Noslem Ramos
Julio Raudez
Justo Rivas
Ryde Rodriguez
Franklin Sanchez
Aristides Sevilla
Clyde Williams

I was hoping someone might know more about them and help me figure out who issued them, how they were distributed and what the actual checklist was.

Cubanball.com has these scans:

200607Cubans.jpg

The others I saw attached to news briefs on a Nicaraguan news website. Some looked like these, but a few didn't have the URL next to the team name, but had something like "8 de 36" and "10 de 36". I suspect the latter belong to an Indios del Boer team set. It's kind of funny, Boer briefly used Boston Red Sox caps and the Cleveland Indians logo.

Since the league website has since changed addresses, and the old URL now belongs to a sports betting site (and they have their webserver set to disallow web crawlers, so archive.org has nothing), so they don't have any news archive older than a couple of years.

Members online

Latest posts