Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Epic reply failure by UD Customer Service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
1. They got my name wrong even though it is in my sig at the bottom.
2. Give me another 6 - 8 week delay even though its been over 2 years, classic customer service right there.

Dear Justin,

We have contacted our redemption manager to expedite your claim. Please allow six to eight weeks for your replacement.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,

Upper Deck Customer Care
UpperDeckStore.com

T 800.873.7332 F 760.929.3512

[email protected]

Upper Deck Co- 2251 Rutherford Rd. Carlsbad, CA 92008

Sent: Friday, March 09, 2012 8:14 AM
To: Time2Swap
Subject: Replacement overdue by 2 years!!!!!!!!

Hi I requested a replacement over 1 year ago and redeemed the redemption 2 years ago. Please let me know when I can expect a replacement item.
Thanks

Redemption Code RMJXPE9KS
Date Received 3/1/2010
Description ROBIN YOUNT / RYAN BRAUN 2009 BASEBALL ULTIMATE COLLECTION ULTIMATE DUAL SIGNATURES # ED TO 19 CD # UDS-17
Status Replacement Requested
Status Date 1/25/2011

Jason Jacobs
Sr. Food Scientist
Bio-Ingredients

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Exposfan said:
I replaced that card June last year. Received a UD Masterpieces Derek Jeter Box Topper Auto. Good luck.

If I get anything close to that now I will be very happy.

The response was obviously by a human, otherwise how did they get my name wrong.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Exposfan said:
I replaced that card June last year. Received a UD Masterpieces Derek Jeter Box Topper Auto. Good luck.

What's funny about that is I believe iamjoecollector got a redemption for one of those Jeter box topper autos, and UD told him they couldn't fill it because it was expired.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I think by this point UD customer service department is two part-time people.

BTW, aren't "Bio-Ingredients" what most people would just call "Food?"

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
smapdi said:
I think by this point UD customer service department is two part-time people.

BTW, aren't "Bio-Ingredients" what most people would just call "Food?"

The company I work for is mostly a food company. However the division I am in also makes a ton of products for the pharmecutical, pet food and fermentation industry which are mostly non food. So it was just easier to distinguish ourselves with the Bio Ingredients tag. Other divisions are Savory, Sweet Goods, Beverages etc.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
morgoth said:
Exposfan said:

If I get anything close to that now I will be very happy.

The response was obviously by a human, otherwise how did they get my name wrong.

I hate to say it but it's a common error. My coworkers somehow mess up my name all the time in emails.

Moonlight Graham

Aug 7, 2008
Renton, WA
Justin/Jason:
Are you familiar with Intellectual Ventures Lab? They were just featured on the beginning of Andrew Zimmern's Bizarre Foods Seattle show... I've never seen anyone drink a bagel before. Apparently the restaurant they work with offers a 24 course meal... if you like your peas separated into three distinct layer via centrifuge it may be just what you're looking for...
http://intellectualventureslab.com/?page_id=3471

My company is in the fermentation business... we sell 20 different strains of probiotics.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Screw emailing.

If it was me, and with that timeline, I'd call them EVERY SINGLE DAY until you get the person with the right IQ to end this debacle.

THANKS.... oh wait.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Moonlight Graham said:
Justin/Jason:
Are you familiar with Intellectual Ventures Lab? They were just featured on the beginning of Andrew Zimmern's Bizarre Foods Seattle show... I've never seen anyone drink a bagel before. Apparently the restaurant they work with offers a 24 course meal... if you like your peas separated into three distinct layer via centrifuge it may be just what you're looking for...
http://intellectualventureslab.com/?page_id=3471

My company is in the fermentation business... we sell 20 different strains of probiotics.

No I have not seen that show very often even though I know it would be interesting to me. Sounds pretty cool to me, I have a couple of gnarly centerfuges I would like to try that out on.

As far as fermentation, we provide materials that go into the media stock for growing the bacteria or cells. I am sure our companies have crossed paths before. I am on the food side however but moonlight in fermentation whenever someone gets sick.

Members online

Latest posts