Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player collector wantlists

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Is there a way we can have a centralized link to different player collectors' want lists? I know a lot of people have them on their individual sites, but can we possibly have an area where all of them are linked and available here? Quite often I end up with a card I think someone here might need, but have trouble remembering whose list it's on, or where to find it. I think it would make it a lot easier for everyone to help each other knock out some needs.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Sounds like a good idea. As soon as I finish a wantlist, and load it onto my site, I'll send you a link. But I've been working on one for a few years now, so it may be a while.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I started a thread for this a year or two ago and it never caught on. There were the die-hards that were enthusiastic about it but it never caught enough steam to be stickied I guess.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
markakis8 said:
I started a thread for this a year or two ago and it never caught on. There were the die-hards that were enthusiastic about it but it never caught enough steam to be stickied I guess.

Maybe this time it can finally get enough interest. Off the top of my head, I remember seeing Reggie Sanders and Rickey Henderson wantlists posted here, and I know of the McGwire, Burnitz/Cirillo/Vaughn, and the Erstad/Murray/Jacobsen lists that others have on their own sites. Seems easy enough to have everyone post their lists/links.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
TwinsWin said:
A lot of people have a link on their signature like I do

I know, that works alright, I just like the idea having all those links in one central place. I don't know, maybe it's just me, seems like a pretty reasonable and helpful idea.

TopOffLikeWALLACE

Feb 11, 2010
HouStros
Blowout has one...that's why blowout's better...THANKS FCB ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
AndruwHRJones said:
I like the idea, but sadly some people will exploit the list and hold cards hostage for ridiculous prices.

I'd publish mine with prices that I'm comfortable paying. They'd almost all be above book value and what I'd expect them to go for on eBay. My rationale is that there's no way they'll all pop up via my list, and I'm willing to overpay for the pleasure of scratching a few off. If a seller tries to hold me hostage, he's probably going to have a hard time finding someone else to pay even my offer prices...

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
VizquelCollector.com said:
AndruwHRJones said:
I like the idea, but sadly some people will exploit the list and hold cards hostage for ridiculous prices.

I'd publish mine with prices that I'm comfortable paying. They'd almost all be above book value and what I'd expect them to go for on eBay. My rationale is that there's no way they'll all pop up via my list, and I'm willing to overpay for the pleasure of scratching a few off. If a seller tries to hold me hostage, he's probably going to have a hard time finding someone else to pay even my offer prices...

I hear what you are saying. I guess I would just prefer not to indulge what cards I might need or want. That way I don't feel I am getting hosed when I do find one. ;)

With that said, I guess anyone could take the time to scroll through my bucket to see what I have and don't have. :lol:

Either way, if most are for the idea, I wish you the best!

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I'm forgetting about the part where people are jerks, and will hold cards hostage from people who need them. Maybe the decent person in me wants to willfully ignore that part of our hobby.

Members online