Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A few new(ish) customs...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Finally trying to get settled from the move back to Chicago, I'm slowly digging out some of my collection. Here are a few customs from over the past year or so.

scanned-4.png

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
And I should state, the Judy Johnson HOF postcard signature was actually signed on a Robin Roberts HOF postcard. I try not to cut up checks, HOF postcards, etc., but it kind of was screaming to be sliced up.

I picked the postcard up from someone here...Topnotchy maybe?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
That Mel Allen is fantastic!
Thanks E. You know what's shocking, there's an entire era of baseball fans who don't know that voice...a voice that to me is just baseball.

Scully is definitely Dodger baseball, but baseball in general to me will always be Mel Allen.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
200lbhockeyplayer said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Thanks E. You know what's shocking, there's an entire era of baseball fans who don't know that voice...a voice that to me is just baseball.

Scully is definitely Dodger baseball, but baseball in general to me will always be Mel Allen.

Amen Mike.

man did i love watching TWIB as a kid

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
200lbhockeyplayer said:
ThoseBackPages said:

Funny story involving Vin. Back in the 90s when i was working at ESPN we would call a friend of mine and put the phone by the TV for Dodgers home games so a friend of mine could listen to Vin do the game

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
ThoseBackPages said:

Funny story involving Vin. Back in the 90s when i was working at ESPN we would call a friend of mine and put the phone by the TV for Dodgers home games so a friend of mine could listen to Vin do the game
Scully has just been doing it forever. So crazy to think he started back when the Dodgers were still in Brooklyn, and he's still up there with that voice doing games in Chavez Ravine.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
200lbhockeyplayer said:
ThoseBackPages said:

" There goes a ballantine blast"

nice cards.

Members online

Latest posts