Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Worth opening eBay store to list a couple of items?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Have been looking to list a couple of high-end items in auction and the difference in fees is pretty significant between an eBay store and a regular listing. For those have opened a store, is it much work (does not seem to be too much looking at the explanation on eBay, but you never know until you do it...) Would it be worth it to open for a month or two to save a couple hundred bucks in fees?

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I thought about opening a store for the long term a couple months back. I determined that the fees using bin/bo are similar enough to a store that it isn't near worthwhile to do. Plus, you lose your 50 free auction listings per month and have to wait for some ebay special to list free. The greatest advantage to a store is getting higher prices than usual because you can more easily afford to keep items listed. So if you have a hundred items or more that you are willing to pay 20 cents per card + $29.99 or whatever (it should be under 50 cents per card that way), then I think it's worthwhile. The most interesting thing I've learned is that ebay is always changing its fee structure. I honestly believe it is to confuse sellers from determining optimum selling strategies.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
I thought they just went through this last night ?
Topnotch look up Bob Loblaws posts
In the end it was stated store owners DO get the free listing

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
if you do a lot of auctions you need a store.
fees in the end avg 4%, without it 8% or more.
for me it adds up to 100's, which easily makes the
49 bucks a month worth it. there are more than enough
free listing ops, but that is nothing compared to
final fee savings.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I did also, but only plan on having it open for a month or so,. With the free listings for store owners from now until the end of the month, I feel it is worth it to spend the $15.99 since I am planning on listing hundreds of cards. Doing spring cleaning with my collection

chromerookies said:
I actually just opened one up this past Sat. to take advantage of the free listings, so far so good

Members online

Latest posts