Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I just bought the most expensive card in my collection(SCAN)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
It feels weird and exciting, like when you climb the rope in gym class. I am really looking forward to getting it in the mail, and it will just about complete a set I am working on, but I had the choice between this card and ~6 hobby boxes of 2012 Heritage. I went for the single. It's not a Heritage card. It will probably be here on Fridayish and I'll post a scan when I have it in hand.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Re: I just bought the most expensive card in my collection

2010hayhurstuehara.jpg

Dirk Hayhurst 2010 National Doodle 1/1

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana

So it got my interest and I looked at Heritage completed sales and my best guess was a Ruth pinstripe jersey from 2010 Heritage #/3??

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD

jbhofmann said:
So it got my interest and I looked at Heritage completed sales and my best guess was a Ruth pinstripe jersey from 2010 Heritage #/3??

:shock:
mudflap02 said:
... It's not a Heritage card....

Can't wait to see it!

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul

Your pickups are always fun to see, so I can only imagine what this is.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana

Russ S. said:
jbhofmann said:

:shock:
mudflap02 said:
... It's not a Heritage card....

Can't wait to see it!

know reeding comprehenshun bye me

Eamon

Jun 16, 2010

Knowing you said not from heritage... and knowing it was 6 cases of Heritage... I am thinking a Babe Ruth Cut from an older Playoff/Donruss product... Can't wait to see it.

Kardkollector46

Aug 7, 2008
Connecticut

Eamon said:
Knowing you said not from heritage... and knowing it was 6 cases of Heritage... I am thinking a Babe Ruth Cut from an older Playoff/Donruss product... Can't wait to see it.

I think he said 6 boxes not cases... which I believe wouldnt be enough to cover the cost of a Ruth cut haha.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008

I am just glad my BGS 10 1982 Topps Shooty Babitt is going to a good home.

It pained me to sell it.

Eamon

Jun 16, 2010

Kardkollector46 said:
Eamon said:

I think he said 6 boxes not cases... which I believe wouldnt be enough to cover the cost of a Ruth cut haha.

I read it as cases... my mistake!

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z142/heritagetrade/Personal%20Collection/Topps%2052%20Autos/2006topps52s-***.jpg

Very happy to land this one for my Topps '52 auto set! Miggy was right somehow.

I have a lot of Topps'52 autos that are in worse shape than this one. It isn't perfect but it's about as mint as a card from this set can be - the white borders on the dark cardstock chip really easily, much easier than the 2001 Heritage autos even.

No official print run, but I've seen maybe 5 listed since late 2006, so I would guess a PR of 10 or so. It's the first Pujols auto I've ever owned, and it will probably go in for grading on the next group sub just to get it slabbed. Couldn't be happier with this one!

Members online

Latest posts