Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WHAT KIND OF BLUE PEN DOES TOPPS HAVE PLAYERS SIGN WITH?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
IndyManning18 said:
Hopefully a Staedtler Lumicolor.
21338-1009-3ww-l.jpg

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
On another note, why does it always have to be blue ink. I always liked how Press Pass used red ink as a type of short print. It would be kind of cool if there were a few base chrome autos in a few different colors.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
Crewfan82 said:
On another note, why does it always have to be blue ink. I always liked how Press Pass used red ink as a type of short print. It would be kind of cool if there were a few base chrome autos in a few different colors.

Personally, I think blue ink looks the best. And it sells the best. But I think other colors (besides black mainly) can look good too--green, red, purple--depending on the background of the card.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
ChasHawk said:
I think orange refs signed in orange would look badass.

Try to sign any chrome card with a color other than blue or black in fine tip and see what happens. It looks horrid. That is why Topps doesn't use other colors.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
beefycheddar said:
ChasHawk said:

Try to sign any chrome card with a color other than blue or black in fine tip and see what happens. It looks horrid. That is why Topps doesn't use other colors.
I don't get that though. If they're all staedtlers, why wouldn't they work the same?

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
ChasHawk said:
beefycheddar said:
ChasHawk said:

I don't get that though. If they're all staedtlers, why wouldn't they work the same?

I agree, that is like saying an orange Chevy drives different than a blue one, even though they are made the same.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
alexs64 said:
ChasHawk said:
beefycheddar said:
ChasHawk said:

I agree, that is like saying an orange Chevy drives different than a blue one, even though they are made the same.
I'm not saying he's wrong, I'm just curious why.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
ChasHawk said:
alexs64 said:
ChasHawk said:
beefycheddar said:
ChasHawk said:

Don't Lie, yes you are. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was just agreeing with you that it didn't make sense and giving my interpretation.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Its bad enough we have parallels involving card color. Now you want parallels involving signature ink color? Are the card companies reading this?

Next year we'll be putting together Rainbows based on ink color...

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
beefycheddar said:
ChasHawk said:

Don't know what you are talking about.

rizzotti_1-29.jpg

That was signed IP in green fine point staedtler.

TopOffLikeWALLACE

Feb 11, 2010
HouStros
ASTROBURN said:
Its bad enough we have parallels involving card color. Now you want parallels involving signature ink color? Are the card companies reading this?

Next year we'll be putting together Rainbows based on ink color...

The new 2011 Elite has green ink variations /10 and red ink variations /25

800dad9b.jpg

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
ChasHawk said:
alexs64 said:
ChasHawk said:
beefycheddar said:
ChasHawk said:

Different level of pigments in different colors lead to how it will hold on different stock. You could treat chrome so it would ink better but then you lose the shine of chrome and they will not be baby powdering cards first to get it to hold.

Cards and car colors are two totally different things, but what do I know other than producing three sets of cards and having thousands signed with every ink I could to test every option out.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
If a chrome card is fresh (what the players sign) it doesn't need to be prepped.

I know that Red and Green work just fine on chrome cards. I don't have experience with others.

Anyway, alcohol works better than baby Powder for prepping chrome cards.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts