Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Confirming 2012 Heritage Error SP's...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK11

May 24, 2010
I know several collectors have been asking on the forums about which are the SP's when buying boxes or packs or blasters. The main ones that are difficult to identify right away are the error variations.
This was posted on another forum and shows what Topps did for the errors based on the original 1963 set:

http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Errors.cfm/sid/60/1963-Topps

So the errors are corresponding to the card numbers of these players:

Darwin Barney - missing position on front of card

Kerry Wood - wrong player photo used

Dan Haren - wrong player photo used

Ryan Madson - 2 variations, one with a white slash on the small circle photo through his body, the other with a edited slash

Carlos Pena - says "Complete Major and Minor League Batting Record" when it should just be Major

Julio Teheran - card number on back is on orange background instead of the normal white box

Mike Stanton - stat column on back was mislabeled 'W' for wins when it should be 'R' for runs (original card was a pitcher and the 'W' was an 'R')

along with two of the Rookie Stars cards, Nos. 29 and 54. - The year on the front of the card was a year earlier (2012 is replaced with 1962)

There is still some sorting out including who is the wrong players used for Wood and Haren, but this list above should be close to what's coming out of packs. Heritage collectors can feel free to comment if I missed something, but just wanted to post this to help some people out.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
if in doubt check the small number on the back of the card, that will be different than all the other base cards and SP's

Kevin

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
schmidtfan20 said:
if in doubt check the small number on the back of the card, that will be different than all the other base cards and SP's

Kevin

can it be confirmed that ALL the SSPs do NOT end in "01"?

AK11

May 24, 2010
ThoseBackPages said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin

The Stanton error ends in "01", so no.

tattooelement

Jul 9, 2010
AK11 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin

The Stanton error ends in "01", so no.

The Teheran that Brent pulled also ends in 01.

scottagibson

Aug 3, 2009
So, I also have noticed that there are "Color Swap" variations like this Cargo. Is there an official list of how many different players or how rare they are?

The one on the left is the SP

38.jpg

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
The color swaps are pretty rare, maybe one per case, the picture swaps are about 1 in every other box and the
error cards are 1-10 or so cases!

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
It seems like most of us have gotten priced out of Heritage lately. That's good for the collection I already have, bad for the one I hope to build.

Seriously it is just insane across the board.

AK11

May 24, 2010
The Haren error price makes me wonder what my Stanton error would go for since there hasn't been one yet.

Members online

Latest posts